Port with 1 1/2 year old - Cozumel, Georgetown, and Falmouth

Hazel77

Cruising on the Fantasy in a few months and looking for recommendations for things to do in port with a 1 1/2 year old. We are also not against staying on the ship while in port and are thinking of doing this while in Falmouth. TIA!

In Cozumel we enjoyed a few hours at the babypool in playa mia.

In Georgetown we went for a Stinray City trip with Captain Marvins, at the snorkel trips one of us stayed on board with the kid, at the sandbar she went into water with us.

We took our 18 month twins to Cozumel and and Falmouth years ago. I think it was on Fantasy too! We did a beach break in Cozumel and just walked the shops in Falmouth. The kids loved the water and playing in the sand. Falmouth was a pretty new port at that time and there wasn’t much to do unless you took a long bus ride. We opted to shop a little and use the empty ship for the kids to run around and wear themselves out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dolphin Cove is great for kids, but it is close to Ocho Rios. It is located right next to Dunn's River Falls (although I don't think it would be easy to climb that with a 1 1/2 year old) and is a 60 minute drive from Falmouth. If you do decide to visit Jamaica, there is a chain of jerk chicken restaurants called scotchie's that is great. I'd recommend leaving the ship if you were docking in Ocho Rios, but am not sure Dolphin's cove is worth a 60 minute commute each way.