Breakaway H7 VS H3

Njkrewzer

Hello all, this is my first post, so here goes. I have researched extensively to see the differences on paper between the H7 forward penthouse and H3 owners suite. The H3 is a little bigger with bigger balcony, and it's inside the actual Haven. I'm just curious to hear from someone who's familiar with them whether there are any pluses or minuses as I'm having a hard time choosing which one to go with. For example, I read that the folding wall in the H3 is paper thin and you can hear a lot of noise from the next room. This is the kind of insight I'm looking for, something that isn't necessarily listed on the NCL website, but I should be aware of. Thanks in advance

For example, I read that the folding wall in the H3 is paper thin and you can hear a lot of noise from the next room.

For BA/GA, yes.

For Escape, no.

If possible, I'd avoid the H7 that's directly under the bridge and avoid the HC H7 (it is one large room, no separate living room).

If looking at Escape, the H3 on deck 17 has a larger balcony than on deck 18.

The H7 is good value for money. You get the separate living room, full Havens access, at one of the lowest Havens prices on the ship. We've booked a couple of H7s and have never regretted it. (Well, it is a hike to get you your room from the elevator after a long night out).

I know I am answering a question you didn't ask, but we have stayed in an H3, H7, and an H6. Of the 3, if it is just us and we have no friends on board that arent in the Haven, I would hands-down choose the H3. If we have friends that also will be on the ship, and want to be able to hang out with them more easily, we choose an H6. We love the ginormous H6 balcony, on which we have had breakfasts and dinners served, had cocktail parties, and just had friends over to play cards etc. Of course, it is much further away from the Haven proper, but we do not find that to be an issue. We personally will never stay in an H7 again. Having a nice balcony is an important part of the cruising experience for us, and it is where we spend a fair amount of time, and the balconies on the H7s on the away class ships are just ridiculously small.... The price point for the H6 is between the H3 and the H7

I agree about the balcony on the H7, it is only slightly wider than a standard balcony but there is a diagonal beam and solid metal on a little less than 1/4 the width which is nice to hide from the wind but you are then looking at steel and not the ocean.

The H7 under the bridge is almost entirely steel covered with just a portion about the size of an "ocean view" window being open and there isn't glass on the lower part of the balcony.