A Massage for my wife

Alex P. Keaton

I want my wife to enjoy a massage when we board the Carnival Pride in a few weeks. For those that have experience with this I would like to know 1) what you recommend (Well Being Massage, Swedish Massage, pedicure...etc)

2) at what point in the trip would be ideal (first day, second day...)

3) ballpark cost for the different services offered (is there a list posted somewhere?)

Thanks!

Avoid the pedicures/manicures/food and ankle massages. I pay $20 at a local nail salon and get MUCH better service and no sales pitch.

I'm too cheap to purchase one of their massages, so others will have to elaborate on that. That's sweet of you to purchase it for your wife. Hubby purchased a few spa things for me, and I have never had the heart to tell him how not worth it they were. :)

Expensive is the ball park cost...there is an updated list floating around here..>I'm sure someone will post it shortly.

Happy cruising!

Stef

I was on the Pride last Feb and enjoyed a wonderful massage. I went to the spa the first day or during the open house. They had many specials if you booked that day. I booked a head/shoulders massage (it had some fancy name that I can't remember). It was wonderfull and it was very reasonable. Less than $50.

I would suggest going that first day to see the prices and what they have to offer.

I thought I read that it was first come first served once you board the ship.

You can't book prior to your cruise. You can either book in person...or make a telephone appointment...once you're on the ship

I want my wife to enjoy a massage when we board the Carnival Pride in a few weeks. For those that have experience with this I would like to know 1) what you recommend (Well Being Massage, Swedish Massage, pedicure...etc)

2) at what point in the trip would be ideal (first day, second day...)

3) ballpark cost for the different services offered (is there a list posted somewhere?)

Thanks!

Swedish.

When you are really tired.

Over $100.

I am a licensed massage therapist, IN my humble opinion I would get yourselves a massage right before you go, in a spa where you live. The spa priceson the ships are outrageous, and not too good. They also REALLY push and sometimes trick people into paying hundreds of dollars on products. Take her to the special resturant or have long stemmed roses instead :)

I am a licensed massage therapist, IN my humble opinion I would get yourselves a massage right before you go, in a spa where you live. The spa priceson the ships are outrageous, and not too good. They also REALLY push and sometimes trick people into paying hundreds of dollars on products. Take her to the special resturant or have long stemmed roses instead :)

I agree with you 100%. My wife hits the SPA for 1/2 day prior to a cruise - and has a wonderful/relaxing time. She has tried it on the ship (we both have - more than once), and will not in the future for reasons you mentioned - cost, quality, and product pushing... :)

Tom

I value opinions from someone in the business. (I specifically stayed away from the word professional in this post as it might be misconstrued due to the subject matter.)

Or get her a massage you can get in various ports, beachside . They were pretty reasonable, the people getting them looked like they had nothing to complain about, and what could be better than getting a massage on a beach... wait, don't answer that.

Oh no you metioned the unmentionable :) Now that WILL really COSt $$$$ you:eek:

I've had the Seaweed Wrap Massage and twice the Frangipane oil treatment which includes a scalp, shoulder, arm massage. The Seaweed Wrap massage so totally relaxed me that I went back to my cabin for a long nap. I'd recommend that one after all your port days, perhaps on your last sea day before returning home. Helps in recovering from your vacation!

The Frangipane oil treatment helps my hair recover from the sun and salt water. And the massage is simply an added bonus. Much less expensive as well. I'd recommend booking it for a port day when you're getting back on the ship earlier.

Spa treatments are discounted on port days. Also, you can get a discount by visiting the spa as soon as you board to book your treatment.

I agree ... manicure/pedicures ... not worth the money. And, if your wife really, really loves massage ... I agree with the masseuses ... get her one the day before or the day of leaving on land.

You're a great husband! Have a great cruise yourself!

If you can wait, you can get her one in Puerto Vallarta, or even a couples massage. You can do it at the Krystal Hotel, at Millineum Massage, which is a short walk from the pier. I have seen this posted on the port boards for the mexican riveria and highly recommended. We are going to try it and its only $35 for one person if I remember correctly. I would check that other board. ....I think you need to make an advance reservation..

I completely agree with Illinoisgal-I'm a registered massage therapist, and was astounded at the on ship prices! I wish I could get paid that much!

That being said, if you really want her to have a massage on the ship-go with the Swedish Massage. It's the most relaxing to me, but encourage her to speak up with she's not enjoying something (too much/little pressure, etc.). Sometimes our mind reading capabilities aren't working as well as they should. :D

I personally am looking forward to one on the beach.

I completely agree with Illinoisgal-I'm a registered massage therapist, and was astounded at the on ship prices! I wish I could get paid that much!

I know me too!!!! I make good money expecially since I can wear comfy clothing and do it around my schedule, but 100.00 for not even 1 hr who hoo think of all the cruises we could take!

TO THE OP, I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your id name. :D

The massages are pricey, but not nearly as irritating as the product pushing. I actually had one masseuse tell me that she was "writing a prescription" for my skin. Prescription??? please. The products are enormously expensive and they really push you to buy them. The last cruise I went on I didn't book a massage for exactly this reason..... although I considered booking the massage and telling the girl her tip would improve greatly if she didn't push products on me..... I didn't have the guts to do it though.

The massages are pricey, but not nearly as irritating as the product pushing. I actually had one masseuse tell me that she was "writing a prescription" for my skin. Prescription??? please. The products are enormously expensive and they really push you to buy them. The last cruise I went on I didn't book a massage for exactly this reason..... although I considered booking the massage and telling the girl her tip would improve greatly if she didn't push products on me..... I didn't have the guts to do it though.

My wife (Cheryl) did just that - before the girl even got started, she let her know that she was not interested in any of their products, and did not want any sales pitch to diminish the pleasure of the service. It worked - and the girl received her tip...!

Tom

Archived