Besides Silver Muse, Which Ships are Nicest?

fansynancy

My 20 year old daughter and I sailed from Athens to Rome on Silver Muse last summer. We'd love another Silversea cruise, especially because Silversea offers an inexpensive upgrade to Business Class. Muse doesn't have a sailing that looks right for us in terms of itinerary this summer. We did really enjoy the Muse and the passengers seemed to skew a bit younger, which is great for my daughter. I would greatly appreciate a suggestion of another, equally (or close to equally) lovely ship to sail in July. Thanks in advance for any great advice.

My 20 year old daughter and I sailed from Athens to Rome on Silver Muse last summer. We'd love another Silversea cruise, especially because Silversea offers an inexpensive upgrade to Business Class. Muse doesn't have a sailing that looks right for us in terms of itinerary this summer. We did really enjoy the Muse and the passengers seemed to skew a bit younger, which is great for my daughter. I would greatly appreciate a suggestion of another, equally (or close to equally) lovely ship to sail in July. Thanks in advance for any great advice.

That’s actually a hard question to answer. Personally I don’t sense or feel like there are huge differences between the ships like you might get on the larger multi-ship lines where there can be significant differences across their large ships and fleets. Now to us the main feature of Silversea is outstanding service and food and that seems to be very consistent from ship to ship. If there is a difference, at least a difference that we’ve noticed, it’s the slight difference in the ambience of say the Spirit versus the Wind. The Spirit has slightly nicer outdoor public areas like around the pool or aft outside the Panorama Bar. On the other hand there’s a very comfortable intimate feeling to the Wind with its smaller number of passengers. Both have their attractions and to us neither is significantly different enough to drive our choice. Point in fact we pick itinerary and dates first and are not driven by which Silverssea ship is doing that cruise counting on a quality cruise no matter.

Silver Spirit would be my choice after Muse. Obviously, this is quite subjective but we cruised on Spirit a few years ago and liked her very much. And I am assuming from what I have read about the upcoming re-fit/stretching that the Spirit will be very much like the Muse after that work is completed.