NCL Breakaway

krisean

Hi - we are thinking about taking the NCL 9 day cruise on Breakaway. We have not sailed on NCL in many years. Can anyone advise if we would be better off in a large balcony cabin or a mini suite. I don't think we care about the SPA choices.

TIA

The size of a balcony room and mini suite room are identical. The only difference is the size of the bathroom. The mini suite bathroom has a full size shower and double sink (that only one person can reasonably use).

The normal balcony is very tiny. If you really think that you will spend more than an hour over 7 days on your balcony, then the large balcony is good. Most people who say they “need” a balcony rarely set foot on the balcony during the cruise (other than to open the door to see how hot it is).

The Breakaway is a beautiful ship. We have sailed on her 3 times and her sister ships 6 times. You won’t be disappointed.

I have recently booked a Mini Suite with a large balcony located on deck 8 forward on the Breakaway. Bigger bathroom, and larger bathroom. You might want to check those out. Looking forward to it the extra space.

DH and a I do spend time daily on our balcony when we cruise. We wanted to try NCL. We would not have been happy with their standard size balcony.

Difference in size is very subtle, my understanding is that there is a little more depth or length between the main Queen bed and the sofa for a foldable sleeping or playpen for a small child.

Take a look at a merged comparison of a basic balcony on the BA vs. a minisuite, and larger nightstands on either side too. The sub-marginal gain between the closet & the bed is probably no more than 6" (or less)

To some, it mattered but not others ... whether it's the double sink or tub option, like when it's just 2 of us sailing. For a family of 3 or 4 - sure ... the extended/angled or large balcony, obviously more useful when you can sit outside with a nice sea breeze (not during stormy weather at sea).

8469bf603fdc1e178449cd14261ccebb.jpg

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Thanks everyone for the input. The merged comparison is very helpful.

DH loves a balcony and spends time on it everyday. So I will see if a mini-suite with a large balcony is available.

Another question, do all cabins have the bed by the closet or are some reversed with the bed by the balcony? If so, is there a pattern to determine how a particular cabin is arranged?

I have recently booked a Mini Suite with a large balcony located on deck 8 forward on the Breakaway. Bigger bathroom, and larger bathroom. You might want to check those out. Looking forward to it the extra space.

DH and a I do spend time daily on our balcony when we cruise. We wanted to try NCL. We would not have been happy with their standard size balcony.

I should have said bigger bathroom and LARGER balcony.

... do all cabins have the bed by the closet or are some reversed with the bed by the balcony? If so, is there a pattern to determine how a particular cabin is arranged?

Take a look at the specific deck plan for the BA and you should be able to tell whether the bed is next to the closet or the balcony. We've stayed in both, deck 12 Fwd on ours 2016 run was the former, last year on deck 9 aft/mid was the latter (which we preferred ... as from the hallway/corridor, it opened into a bigger sitting/living area & "feel roomier" in front of the closet, easier to get things in & out, etc.)

Under our signature below is the detailed (long) review with pictures of the room's interior (just regular stateroom & "small") balcony). The deck plan with the specific room # has an indent, which usually alternate with the next stateroom - on the bed's location (I've read that some of them might not be accurate, but most should)

She is a fine ship, not perfect - I'm uploading 2 or 3 of BA balcony's interior pictures for you - also, checkout Youtube for videos of the BA.

05489f115805a557720090ee857db834.jpg

030a9f0d3bab67746aee1f25225d94c1.jpg

353de61c9e5fff7bea7cdebf6036a3f5.jpg