Mediterranean Cruise

Well it would depend on what sort of weather you really want. End June onwards through to early September can be scorching in the Med. July and August in the Med is unbearable not only because of the heat and sun but also because of the school holidays. Tourist places will be overrun with kids and unless you have your own and intend holidaying with them, would suggest crusing May June time.

Hope this helps.

I made the mistake of going to SPain end June for a weeks golf holiday (I live in the UK) and never ever got to play a full round. It was just too hot even with buggies unless you intend teeing off about 7 am.

We went on Splendour of the Sea in May of 2004. ( 15th - 22nd)

Barcelona - Marsailles - VilleFranche (Monte Carlo area) - Livorno(Florence/Pisa) - Civitavecchia (Rome) - Naples - Barcelona

We had THE BEST weather for excursions, sunny and between 72 - 75 F every day. :)

Plus the price was one of the cheapest for Med cruise as it's not a season yet, also airfare is usually cheaper in May than in summer months.

Schools were still in session at this time so we had maybe 20-30 kids on the ship.

I would choose Vision or Radiance class ships as they have solarium pool ... It can get quite chilly at nigh to swim outside, but we had a great time in solarium. :)

We did the same cruise as Tatka in October, 2003. We had fantastic weather everday except in Naples, where it rained quite a bit, and our last day (at sea) was a bit rocky, although it didn't rain. All of the other days were just wonderful. But October is unpredictable - the week before the weather was so bad that they missed two ports and one violent wave caused all of the inventory on the glass shelves in the Champagne Bar to slide of and shatter. So that month would be a crapshoot for weather, but we really enjoyed the lower level of crowding everywhere we went.

I recall that we had few children on board, just adults acting childish.:D

Archived