Camp Carnival for 3 and 4 year olds

GeorgiaMomof4

Hi all!

I'm hoping some of you may be able to come to my rescue.

We are cruising next month on the Magic with our newly adopted 3 and 4 year old boys. Our other 4 kids

are older and never really participated much in Camp Carnival activities.

We are wanting an adult night out (there are 19 in total going on this cruise) to go to the steakhouse. My question is, how does Camp Carnival work in the evenings? What time does it open and will they feed our boys or do we

need to do that before we drop them off?

We are looking at doing the steakhouse on Monday which is Cozumel port day. We will all go to the MDR

on all the other nights, but would like this one night to be adult only.

Any information any of you can give on how the camp works in the evenings (and any other time) will be

GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Camp is open basically every night from 7 pm through 1 am (though there is an extra charge starting at 10 pm, some days hourly per child, some days flat fee per child). 7pm to 10 pm is free. My kids enjoyed the night activities a lot. When they got tired they had blankets for them to go to sleep. They loved sleeping in camp!

Additionally, you can bring the kids to Lido buffet at 6 pm (don't be late!) and they have a section roped off for the kids. You sign them in, and then go off for adults only dinner (they have this every night except departure date). After they feed the kids, they will bring them to camp for you. You do not have to go pick them up at the buffet to take them to camp.

Camp is open basically every night from 7 pm through 1 am (though there is an extra charge starting at 10 pm' date=' some days hourly per child, some days flat fee per child). 7pm to 10 pm is free. My kids enjoyed the night activities a lot. When they got tired they had blankets for them to go to sleep. They loved sleeping in camp!

Additionally, you can bring the kids to Lido buffet at 6 pm (don't be late!) and they have a section roped off for the kids. You sign them in, and then go off for adults only dinner (they have this every night except departure date). After they feed the kids, they will bring them to camp for you. You do not have to go pick them up at the buffet to take them to camp.[/quote']

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to know. Do they help the younger ones with their food?

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to know. Do they help the younger ones with their food?

Mine loved camp dinner - be warned - they begged to go back each night after. Mean mommy said no so we could have family dinner since they were spending all day in camp!

Mine loved camp dinner - be warned - they begged to go back each night after. Mean mommy said no so we could have family dinner since they were spending all day in camp!

LOL - I can only hope mine love it - our youngest thinks he has to be with us all the time. I only hope he will let us leave

him so we can have some adult time.

My 5 year old is already negotiating how many nights he can have dinner with camp instead of us on our next cruise!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

LOL - I can only hope mine love it - our youngest thinks he has to be with us all the time. I only hope he will let us leave

him so we can have some adult time.

One of my twins is VERY attached to me and we worried he wouldn't like Camp Carnival. He LOVED it! The only thing he didn't go for was face painting, but he was happy to watch the other kids. I'd at least give it a good shot. Our kids wanted to be there when the doors opened! (We eat dinner as a family then walk them up at 7pm...they don't know eating with other kids is an option as we'd never see them!)

We went on the Magic. It is so much fun for the kids. Go to the Cat in the Hat breakfast. You need to get your tickets early. Worth the extra money. Lots of photo opportunities with the characters during the whole cruise. Dr E, the cruise director is the best! Hope you have a great 5ime!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Camp Ocean is awesome! My kids loved it. Here's the thing: you have to carefully watch the schedules for the day. If it is a sea day they are CLOSED for lunch and will NOT feed the kids. They also close for activities sometimes. When you drop off your kids they will tell you when you need to be back. Check out some sample Camp Ocean schedules here to see the breaks: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208476

I'm following this thread because I will be taking my two boys ages 4 and 6 in May. We already have them pre-registered for Camp Ocean, but still wondering how it will all play out. I am hoping for at least a few of the nights, my boys will want to eat dinner with the camp and will enjoy being there, so my husband and I can have a little time to ourselves and go see some of the shows. I did have a question about something, and I haven't seen it answered anywhere yet. We most likely won't have our boys up past 10pm, but in the chance that we do, or if we let them go to the Owl Jams party, do we have to pay the $6.95/hour rate and ALSO pay the $15 rate for Owl Jams? Or is it just the $15 rate only on Owl Jams night?

I'm following this thread because I will be taking my two boys ages 4 and 6 in May. We already have them pre-registered for Camp Ocean, but still wondering how it will all play out. I am hoping for at least a few of the nights, my boys will want to eat dinner with the camp and will enjoy being there, so my husband and I can have a little time to ourselves and go see some of the shows. I did have a question about something, and I haven't seen it answered anywhere yet. We most likely won't have our boys up past 10pm, but in the chance that we do, or if we let them go to the Owl Jams party, do we have to pay the $6.95/hour rate and ALSO pay the $15 rate for Owl Jams? Or is it just the $15 rate only on Owl Jams night?

owl jam party will be charged the entire rate-- even if you pick up at 10:30

at 10am you are started the charge per hour so just dont be late by 5 minutes.

Some nights it's per hour, the other nights (the party nights) it's fixed rate. The fun times will say which applies for that night.

You are charged one or the other, not both.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We started taking our granddaughter with us when she was 3 1/2 and loves Camp Carnival. For us we did things together during the day and most of the time she would eat with us before going to Camp Carnival after dinner. She had a couple nights that she wanted to go eat with the kids, but we left it up to her. She will be joining us again in March and we will stick to family time during the day and time apart in the evening. I think your boys will be just fine. We took her to the buffet a couple times before CC and that is why we made our Steakhouse Reservations for, after 7:00 pm, as they do not open until then.