Any thoughts on the Electro Tuk Tuk city tour?

OnTheJourney

Hi,

I'm going to Bonaire on the RCL Adventure in a few months and have been looking through the ship's excursions. They offer a 1-hour city tour on one of these open air vehicles. Worth doing?

I definitely want to get out to the salt flats and slave huts since both seem to be highly recommended.

I would recommend an island tour over a city tour - you could do North and South (salt pans, slave huts are on the South end) instead of doing a city tour. After doing that I'd definitely walk through the Arts and Crafts Market in Wilhelmina Park and then down Kaya Grandi (the main street of Kralendijk) for the sights and sounds (and shopping) of Bonaire. That would be my recommendation.

Rent a GOLF CART!!!! Do it all on your own!!! Many threads on this page about it. This is a VERY safe Island...you have the golf cart all day for a total of $90 for two people. See all the sights ...you cannot get lost. ONE HOUR tour?????? Not nearly enough time. How much is the cruise line ripping you off for a 1 hour tour?

PS: The salt mines and slave huts are unbelievable. With the golf carts...you can get out, take pics, walk around. PINK FLAMINGOS..gorgeous. Windmills, pink sand...on and on. I really cannot see how 1 hour will suffice.

Edited by champagne123