Another CDC inspection failure

NavarreCruiser

All of these are indicative of the staff cuts. When you have too few crew and they are overworked then things are done poorly or not at all.

Take care,

Mike

Again, I have no data to support the observations of many that there have been staff cuts, or to know whether the front of house staff has been moved to back of house, so I can't comment on this. What I do see is a failure of the corporate management and sanitation culture. Regardless of how many or few staff are available to do the job, if the crew cannot tell the inspectors what the proper way something should be done (cited on nearly all of the failed inspections), and when onboard management has confusion over describing proper procedures (as noted on Liberty as applying to restaurant supervisors), then the culture of sanitation has been lost. This needs rectifying from corporate on down. There needs to be a corporate USPH compliance department (if there isn't one, most lines have them), and if there is one, it needs a total shake up as it has failed in its mandate. Then this department needs to overhaul its oversight and training policies to ensure that shipboard management knows its responsibilities, and can downward train all crew. As I've said on the other failed inspection threads, because the USPH VSP requirements apply to nearly every aspect of cruise ship operation (look at the deficiencies noted on Liberty regarding lighting and lighting density), every crew member from the dishwasher to the Captain need to know that every action they take onboard meets the applicable USPH requirement, and that the correct action is taken without conscious thought. Following USPH requirements should be reflex action, and when it is, it doesn't take any more effort than not following.

I have to say I'm glad the CDC conducts inspections (twice a year) of cruise ships. If a ship fails an inspection the company take action and fixes the problems. For example The Queen Mary 2 in 6/10/11 received a score of 84, fail. The next month 7/27/11 received a score of 92, pass. And a third inspection on 11/17/11 received a score of 100, pass and perfect. So inspections are a good thing.

I have to say I'm glad the CDC conducts inspections (twice a year) of cruise ships. If a ship fails an inspection the company take action and fixes the problems. For example The Queen Mary 2 in 6/10/11 received a score of 84, fail. The next month 7/27/11 received a score of 92, pass. And a third inspection on 11/17/11 received a score of 100, pass and perfect. So inspections are a good thing.

I agree that regulations are a good thing, imagine where we would be if the cruiselines (or any other corporation) were left to police themselves?

Most regulations ( think health, building codes, fire codes) are formulated after a tragedy occurs. Why people rail against regulations that benefit and help them is beyond me.

You'd think after the first two, much less a third, Carnival would have lit a fire under the people responsible aboard ALL their ships.

Four just seems inexcusable. And awesome, a week before our first ever Carnival cruise after deciding to try them after many years of loyalty to RCI.