Jade embarkation day questions

mnlovesdisney

As our cruise is only a week and a half away now I have a few questions about embarkation day:

1. Our embarkation time is 11:30 to 12:00. How close to this time do they actually get you on the ship?

2. What time could we reasonably expect to be able to get in our cabin.

3. What are the best places to eat on embarkation day to avoid crowded areas.

Thanks for any information and tips you can provide. We have sailed on Carnival in the past and I know the wait to get into cabin seems to take forever...but that may be perception as one is so excited to get settled in and get the vacation started.

Check and boarding can be busy at that time. It just depends on how many are there at the same time.

Definitely skip the buffet they will try to steer you to. Go to the main dining room or O’Sheehan’s for lunch.

There will be a place to drop off your carry on baggage while you eat lunch. Rooms are usually ready around 1:30/2:00

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Boarded the Jade in December 2017 in Miami. Got there at about 1130am and the line up was out the door and down the steps at the terminal. This was just to get through the xray machines. (it was a hot day as well).

Once through the xray area there was still a long line to get to the agents where you do your paperwork and get your room key/card. (45 minutes wait at least). Then you get directed upstairs and we had another 30 minute wait while they called groups of passengers by number (you get given a tag with say number 23 on it and there might be 20 people in your group with that number).

I personally would wait till after 1pm to turn up as I bet the lines are shorter and thus the waits will be the same.

Once on board we went to O Sheehans which was nowhere near as crowded as other venues and we had a nice relaxing meal before going to our cabin. (I believe they released the cabins at about 2pm or maybe just before)

As our cruise is only a week and a half away now I have a few questions about embarkation day:

1. Our embarkation time is 11:30 to 12:00. How close to this time do they actually get you on the ship?

11:30 is the time you are assigned to arrive at the port. NOT embarkation time. The times are not enforced. If you don’t want long lines, it would be better to arrive at the port between 10:00 and 10:30. General boarding starts between 11:15 and 11:30. You would be on the ship by 11:45.

2. What time could we reasonably expect to be able to get in our cabin.

Cabins are available around 1 pm

3. What are the best places to eat on embarkation day to avoid crowded areas.

The buffet and O’shehans are open st 11:30. The MDR opens at noon. We usually do the buffet for a quick bite to eat, then get the vacation started.

Thanks for any information and tips you can provide. We have sailed on Carnival in the past and I know the wait to get into cabin seems to take forever...but that may be perception as one is so excited to get settled in and get the vacation started.

Use the porters. Keep your hand carry to a minimum. Your bags will show up shortly before muster. Walk the ship after lunch to get oriented.

Enjoy your cruise!

11:30 is the time you are assigned to arrive at the port. NOT embarkation time. The times are not enforced. If you don’t want long lines, it would be better to arrive at the port between 10:00 and 10:30. General boarding starts between 11:15 and 11:30. You would be on the ship by 11:45.

Agreed! It's best to be one of the first people to show up or one of the last, wait-wise. My last cruise (Escape out of Miami), I got there a little after 10, probably--pretty much just checked out of my hotel and got a Lyft/Uber to the port. I just walked right in. I think I had to wait behind a few people at check-in, but that was it. The waiting area has drinks and bathrooms and stuff, so it's not a huge hassle to get there and wait.

One of the people in our group uses a wheelchair. Will that make any difference in the boarding procedure or time? Thanks again for info.

yes

if someone doesn't spot the wheelchair and direct you then seek out a member of staff and ask where special assistance line is

you should get expedited boarding