Balcony on Caribbean Princess question

OttawaJohn

Hi all;

Getting ready for our first cruies with Princess and was looking at a review for a ship, and saw a picture from the balcony that showed the other balconies below it exposed.

Concerns me a bit, as my wife and I are rather private and wouldn't like people above us looking down into our area. And more importantly, if the weather is icky, we love staying on our balcony and reading, hard to do that if it's raining on your head :D

We're on the Caribbean Princess, Caribe deck, C226, BE category. Can anyone who's stayed in that category on that deck provide insight into the balcony? How much of it is covered if anything and how much is exposed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all;

Getting ready for our first cruies with Princess and was looking at a review for a ship, and saw a picture from the balcony that showed the other balconies below it exposed.

Concerns me a bit, as my wife and I are rather private and wouldn't like people above us looking down into our area. And more importantly, if the weather is icky, we love staying on our balcony and reading, hard to do that if it's raining on your head :D

We're on the Caribbean Princess, Caribe deck, C226, BE category. Can anyone who's stayed in that category on that deck provide insight into the balcony? How much of it is covered if anything and how much is exposed?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that cabin has an over-sized balcony. Most of it is covered, but the area closest to the rail is open. You have plenty of privacy if you stay closer to your door (similar to a regular sized balcony). I love these balconies and always prefer to book a cabin on Caribe deck because of this little "perk".

I'm going to try to upload a picture - its of the Emerald Princess but the setup is the same.

We took the picture from a high deck, looking down towards the bridge.

The upper exposed balconies are Caribe deck, the next one down is Dolphin deck.

As other posters have said, Caribe deck balconies are partly covered, partly exposed. There are other "balcony cabins" elsewhere on the Caribbean Princess that have balconies that are fully covered, but smaller in size. Some of those can be barely seen right below where we were standing.

908139268_EmeraldPrincessBalconies5.jpg.06a0b0422c47a1f4f1261e0fe3ea3591.jpg

https://www.google.ca/search?q=caribbean+princess+tiered+balconies&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikiqrL_PXYAhUDwWMKHYsiCNcQ_AUICigB&biw=1138&bih=782#imgrc=9E1zkdVKNOJndM:&spf=1516981534620

I did a quick google search and found this pic as well of Sapphire Princess. Same thing.

Dolphin deck is at the bottom - fully exposed.

Caribe deck is next up - partly exposed.

Decks higher up are fully covered.

Ottawa John,

From a fellow Canadian, who has cruised on so many Princess ships (I have lost count - I would have to check the Captain Circle log) we always stay away from any cabin on Caribe deck as you have to sit basically right beside the cabin door to remain unseen. We always book Aloha or above. We actually enjoy watching people on the decks below do their crosswords among other things from above. If you want privacy, Aloha and above is the way to go. Also, as an aside, stay away from cabins on the Regal and Royal where the walkaway (glass) is situated as we can again see right into your cabin.

I believe the difference between Caribe balconies vs the ones above Caribe deck is that on the Caribe balconies, the width from the wall of the ship to the railing is 9 feet, and the others are 5 feet wide.

I prefer the Carib balcony cabins because of the extra space and also that there is usually some protection from the sun much of the time.

The Caribe deck balconies also have a higher table (regular height, not "coffee table") and we also have had footrests for the chairs. It doesn't bother us that someone can watch us playing cribbage on the balcony, as we are always fully clothed ;p

We just got off CB and had cabin C434, slightly aft of yours. The CB Caribe cabin balcony as on some other Princess ships are quite large and private. We typically look for one if we are sailing warm weather itineraries. I think you may like yours.