Question About Chefs Table and Dining Package

rabin1

Good morning

I have a couple questions about the Chefs Table and dining package..

Does the Chefs Table have a different menu every night it is happening? How many nights on a voyage does it happen? How do you know what night is what menu? How different nights choices of menu are there and what are they?

If I buy the package with one of the two specialty restaurants each and one Chefs Table I know you all have said book early to get what dates and times you want but do you get to pick the night of the menu you want for Chef's Table or do to you have to go on the night they tell you?

Thank you

Kathy

When you board those selling the packages (the SpecialityDesk usually on Deck 5 and in Windows) will know the nights of the Chefs Table and which table they will offer when. So one night all the table is French one night Italian etc.

They usually cannot do them on other nights to the ones they have decided.

You pick which tables you want to attend based on your taste preferences and whether for example it’s a day you might be late back and want to avoid a big meal.

The actual menu only has one choice for the main course

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, when you get on board be prepared to know which nights work well for you at the specialty and Chef's Table. The staff will have a schedule which shows when the Azamazing Evening and White Night party will be so you can schedule around these, if you wish.

As for menu choices, each Table has a theme and a set menu (which you can view) but for our Italian Table, there was a choice of a meat or a fish option for the main course and we received a telephone call in advance of the night enquiring if we had any food allergies.

The Chef's Table was wonderful...food and wine excellent. So definitely splurge!

But what about different menus? Are they are the same night meaning Italian, Cuban, French or whatever it is they have? Or are they are different nights with different theme food?

Kathy

But what about different menus? Are they are the same night meaning Italian, Cuban, French or whatever it is they have? Or are they are different nights with different theme food?

Kathy

Not sure I understand your question but here is what happens - a particular night e.g. night 3 of the cruise will be French. Only the French menu is served at the Chef's table which is a group meal for up to 12 guests. (Sometimes they do more but they try and limit the numbers). You do not need to form a group, you book the number of spaces you and your group needs, the restaurant manager will determine when the group has reached maximum size. It is one time for serving the meal, usually 6.30 or 7 and the guests all sit at the high table at the back of Prime C.

Another night will be Cuban, another italian. There is only one version of each menus so if they did the French twice on a longer cruise, the same menu would be offered twice

I hope this helps

From the AZ website:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/chefs_table.pdf

Each theme is a different night, so French one night, Italian another, etc. You will need to ask to see the Cuban menu as it's not listed and would be another night. Number of nights for each can fluctuate based on demand. There is also the Indonesian Rijsttafel which is hosted in the Patio area and I believe the cost is $25.

From the AZ website:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/chefs_table.pdf

Each theme is a different night, so French one night, Italian another, etc. You will need to ask to see the Cuban menu as it's not listed and would be another night. Number of nights for each can fluctuate based on demand. There is also the Indonesian Rijsttafel which is hosted in the Patio area and I believe the cost is $25.

Is the Rijisttafel offered every evening or just on select evenings? We love Indonesian cuisine.

Thanks!

Denise

Is the Rijisttafel offered every evening or just on select evenings? We love Indonesian cuisine.

Thanks!

Denise

Once or maybe twice a cruise - as with all these specials enquire of the Speciality Restaurant reservations staff on boarding about dates it will be offered - if you do not catch them then, they have a table at the door of Windows cafe which has a member of staff at it during all mealtimes

@NYFeds- I am on the cruise with you departing Sydney on Feb. 8. I'm a frequent AZ cruiser, and also a lover of Indonesian food. I had the Rijstaffel on a cruise a year ago. I believe one of the main chefs is Indonesian. They do an amazing job of it and would guess it will be an option on this cruise as we are in the south Pacific.

The Executive (head) Chef on your cruise is indeed Iwan, he is Dutch of Indonesian parents and all the food he makes is wonderful. He is so clever with spices getting it just right. We did the rice table when he was onboard - one word wow!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

@NYFeds- I am on the cruise with you departing Sydney on Feb. 8. I'm a frequent AZ cruiser, and also a lover of Indonesian food. I had the Rijstaffel on a cruise a year ago. I believe one of the main chefs is Indonesian. They do an amazing job of it and would guess it will be an option on this cruise as we are in the south Pacific.

Awesome!!! Thank you! See you on-board!

The Executive (head) Chef on your cruise is indeed Iwan, he is Dutch of Indonesian parents and all the food he makes is wonderful. He is so clever with spices getting it just right. We did the rice table when he was onboard - one word wow!

Thanks! Can't wait!