Just off Sapphire 12/10-12/17

happytocruiseforever

My wife and I had a great time on this ship. After reading some complaints on this board I was a little worried that we may run into some problems.

The food was great the service was very good and the shows were good. The only thing that I could say was that the food on Horizon Court was not hot enough, luke warm to sometimes cold once in a while it was hot but not very often, but the taste of the food was still very good. I think the problem was the heat lamps were set too far back so when they would push the trays of food forward they were too far away from the lamps.

Other than that it was a great cruise.

We had anytime dinning and found a great wait team and stayed with them the rest of the cruise. Our room steward Danny was very good, we had a balcony on the Caribe deck and it was perfect for us. It was our anniversary so on that night we ate at Sabatini's and it was worth every penny, great service and a bunch and I do mean a bunch of delicious food. They even brought us an anniversary cake on top of all the other deserts.

We were also surprised that some friends we had met on a cruise a couple of years ago were also on the ship they kept it from us until we bumped into them the first night. It made our cruise that much more fun. We had been to Mexico before so we did our own thing and didn't plan any Princess excursions when we were in port. All in all we had a great time and would sail the Sapphire again in a heartbeat.

We will be on the Sapphire on 21 Jan and also have Anytime Dining. Which dining room did you use. Could you tell me the names of your wait staff. The last time we had Anyting Dining (on the Grand) we asked for the wait staff that someone had recommended. Turned out to be a great team and we really enjoyed it. Also they were so surprised that anyone would mention their names on the internet. Like you I have read the many not so good comments on the Sapphire so was really glad to read yours. So far I have never had a bad cruise no matter what comments have been. Hey if I don't have to cook and clean - what more could I ask for.

So glad to hear you had a great time. My wife and I are sailing Sapphire on Jan. 21st and can't wait. We have cruised many, many times but never from the West Coast (we live in FL). Had enough frquent flier miles for free tix so we decided to do something different. Any suggestions for any of the ports of call? Wife is pregnant so we can't do anything too crazy. Thanks.

We were in the Vivaldi dining room and the waiter was Jose, I cant remember the name of the girl who was working with Jose but I will ask my wife and get back to you. You will have a great time on the Sapphire. I also have never had a bad time on a cruise, my wife and I have been on 5 and they have all been great. If you have any other questions, I would be glad to answer them if I can.

Archived