Online booking versus on cruise booking

Moz

We have decided what cruise we want to take in the fall. We are also going on a cruise in 10 days. The prices are good right now as I called RCL but wanted to know if any of you has had experience booking a cruise while onboard and if there are any extra perks. After speaking with a RCL person I did get a call via voice mail from a so called PVP who said he had been assigned to me. I tried to call him back twice and left messages. I also received an email from him with the same message and I replied to him and never heard back so just wondering why that happened. I appreciate all your answers as have never tried book while on the ship. Thank you.

Truly, no more benefit to book on board. Measly OBC for the next cruise. Used to be able to put down money (for the Harmony OTS that we were on in Dec 2017, we had put down $63.00 refundable when we were on the Rhaposdy of the Seas a year earlier in Barcelona and we received OBC of $50 bucks per person. That was a deal for us.

But now, when we sailed Harmonyin December 2017, we went visit the Next Cruise office and were told that it would cost us $250 per person. Wow. And, if we wanted a cheaper rate on our NEXT cruise (which we had to choose at that very instant), it would turn into a non REFUNDABLE deposit. So, we just put down our deposit for a refundable booking (because my husband likes to have things booked and he likes to choose his cabin) and we both got $50 in onboard credit for our next cruise in Dec 2018 - Symphony of the Seas. The price advertised was I believe 30 percent discount. Now the next day when I got to the airport, I checked the website, and low and behold, the rate for our cabin (it was an inside) was now the same price as a balcony cabin. So there I was at the airport, calling RCCL and telling them to put me into the balcony cabin) and guess what, they took away my on board credit. Well, not for long as my husband got on the phone, escalated things to their escalation department, and my OBC was restored. That is what a litigator can do for you!!!! So essentially, not getting much any more for booking onboard other than the pleasure to speak to a salesperson who in fact did not know that the price of balcony cabins was going to fall to the same price as an inside cabin the following day. (Not much of a salesperson to me!!!) So, no value booking on board.

the pleasure to speak to a salesperson who in fact did not know that the price of balcony cabins was going to fall to the same price as an inside cabin the following day. (Not much of a salesperson to me!!!)

Expecting an RCI salesperson to know the future is a bit unreasonable.

If I were to book now and then get onboard and a lower price was offered could I change the booking online. I hope that makes sense. Thanks again

You would have to cancel and rebook onboard.