What is the obstruction on Deck 5 balconies?

fantasy51

I was trying to decide between an Oceanview room and a Balcony (QE and QV). The Balconies were on Deck 5 and marked as obstructed. These were in the middle of the ship, the hump. I know that the balconies to either side show the lifeboat below the balcony (stopping your view of the ocean just below) but are not counted as obstructed. What is in the way here to class them as obstructed? Photos especially would be good.

Many thanks

Thank you Hattie. That's very helpful. I had asked the travel agent, who phoned Cunard and got no helpful information. I googled and just found general pages and photos. I googled with the word 'photo' and again could not find anything helpful. That page is a gem. How strange that it did not come up on a google search.

Diane

We're booked in one of those (Early Saver, so don't know which one), on the QE in October. None of those on deck 5 have significant obstructions. (I know there are two disabled-access 'hump' cabins in the same CB class on deck 4, but they're OK.) For those of us watching the pennies/cents, a good deal IMHO. Very few CBs, so all sold out on our cruise.

Stuart

We're booked in one of those (Early Saver, so don't know which one), on the QE in October. None of those on deck 5 have significant obstructions. (I know there are two disabled-access 'hump' cabins in the same CB class on deck 4, but they're OK.) For those of us watching the pennies/cents, a good deal IMHO. Very few CBs, so all sold out on our cruise.

Stuart

CB obstructions are minimal you will have no problem seeing the sea CA are more obstructed