How close is the Irish Ferries terminal to where cruise ship docks in Dublin port?

red919

My upcoming cruise on Celebrity Eclipse ends in Dublin. I would like to take the SailRail ferry/train service from Dublin to London the day we disembark the ship. The ferry(Ulysses) leaves Dublin at 8am and I am wondering how far the ferry terminal is from where the ship docks. The cruise ship actually arrives into Dublin the day before so no worries about it docking on time.

I will have one large rolling bag and one rolling carry-on. Is the Irish Ferries terminal close enough to walk from the ship or is there a port bus service? Otherwise, I guess I could take a taxi.

Thank you for any help in this matter. :)

My upcoming cruise on Celebrity Eclipse ends in Dublin. I would like to take the SailRail ferry/train service from Dublin to London the day we disembark the ship. The ferry(Ulysses) leaves Dublin at 8am and I am wondering how far the ferry terminal is from where the ship docks. The cruise ship actually arrives into Dublin the day before so no worries about it docking on time.

I will have one large rolling bag and one rolling carry-on. Is the Irish Ferries terminal close enough to walk from the ship or is there a port bus service? Otherwise, I guess I could take a taxi.

Thank you for any help in this matter. :)

According to dublinport.ie, Celebrity Eclipse generally docks at ocean pier 33 (go to dublinport website, they already give the pier for each cruiseship in 2018), Ulysses is owned by Irishferries and, according to their website, departure seems to be from ferry terminal 1. Just google those two piers to see where they are on the map : I did it (sorry, not skilled enough to post the maps on this forum) and I think it's quite far. Irish ferries provides a bus, but only from city center. I think the only way to go is to take a taxi. Sorry for not being very useful, it's just a web research, but, as nobody answered your question, I just tried to help. I think the better thing to do is to carefully check the piers your ship/ferry dock : it is always subject to change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

According to dublinport.ie, Celebrity Eclipse generally docks at ocean pier 33 (go to dublinport website, they already give the pier for each cruiseship in 2018), Ulysses is owned by Irishferries and, according to their website, departure seems to be from ferry terminal 1. Just google those two piers to see where they are on the map : I did it (sorry, not skilled enough to post the maps on this forum) and I think it's quite far. Irish ferries provides a bus, but only from city center. I think the only way to go is to take a taxi. Sorry for not being very useful, it's just a web research, but, as nobody answered your question, I just tried to help. I think the better thing to do is to carefully check the piers your ship/ferry dock : it is always subject to change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your help. This was very useful and I really appreciate you looking it up for me. Thanks again! :)

There is no port bus service. I suggest a taxi, as it may appear to be close, but Dublin port is an industrial port. I reckon if you were to walk, it would take about 30 mins.
Thanks for this info. I was hoping there would be a port bus but with the size of the port, I will definitely follow your wise recommendation and take a taxi. Thanks again! :)