Espresso Machine in Gem Haven

padams2017

I will be in the Gem DOS on my next cruise. Last time I had a Haven cabin was on the Breakaway and it had an awesome Lavazza espresso machine. I've seen a picture of the smaller espresso machine on the Gem and I'm wondering how it compares to the Lavazza unit. Can anyone give me an opinion on the Gem machine?

I will be in the Gem DOS on my next cruise. Last time I had a Haven cabin was on the Breakaway and it had an awesome Lavazza espresso machine. I've seen a picture of the smaller espresso machine on the Gem and I'm wondering how it compares to the Lavazza unit. Can anyone give me an opinion on the Gem machine?

We were in the Gem DOS December 2016 (the port side one). It is the Nespresso and works with pods. Nothing like the LaVazza.

Really nice room. You do know there are about 15 stairs to get up there? Also, the hot tub is not like the on by the pool with a heater - they fill it up once in the a.m. and then it cools off.

We were in the Gem DOS December 2016 (the port side one). It is the Nespresso and works with pods. Nothing like the LaVazza.

Really nice room. You do know there are about 15 stairs to get up there? Also, the hot tub is not like the on by the pool with a heater - they fill it up once in the a.m. and then it cools off.

We just returned from a GEM cruise and we were in a Forward Penthouse with a Large Balcony (SE Category) and had the Nespresso in our cabin. We liked it so much, my wife ordered one for our home to replace our Starbucks Verissimo coffee machine we now have.

We found the Nespresso to be better than the LaVazza.

Don:cool:

Thanks for the info! I'll be on the port side as well, 15500. Both DOS suites were open at the time I booked and I couldn't decide which side. I thought Starboard would be great for viewing the Statue of Liberty on the sail away, but I also thought it would be fun to be near the slide. Did the slide ever get too noisy at times?

Thanks for the info! I'll be on the port side as well, 15500. Both DOS suites were open at the time I booked and I couldn't decide which side. I thought Starboard would be great for viewing the Statue of Liberty on the sail away, but I also thought it would be fun to be near the slide. Did the slide ever get too noisy at times?

Wondering the same thing. We're port side as well.

We just returned from a GEM cruise and we were in a Forward Penthouse with a Large Balcony (SE Category) and had the Nespresso in our cabin. We liked it so much, my wife ordered one for our home to replace our Starbucks Verissimo coffee machine we now have.

Glad to hear you liked the Nespresso better. Funny, I wanted to buy a Lavazza after I got off of the Breakaway until I saw the $750 price tag.

On the Gem 1/3 - 1/13/18 and also had the Nespresso machine. DH always loved the Lavazza machines in the suites, but he enjoyed the Nespresso so much, he wants one for home as well. I'm a tea drinker and loved the special teas (Tea Forte) they had in the suites as well! Enjoy!

I don't drink coffee but DW does. She was happy pretty much with the Nespresso. The one thing that was nice with the LaVazza was the frother tube. When our kids go with us they used to use that to whip up hot chocolate.

Wondering the same thing. We're port side as well.

The slide for noise, no, never. It isn't open a ton and you have to skooch yourself down it. It doesn't have much of a slope and isn't a big attraction.

When the band was playing that is a bit more towards the port side but those rooms are very well sound proofed. There are also two safes in there as I recall.

I did a post here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2430922

Not sure why some pics are so small - sorry about that.