Time changes on a QM2 Eastbound transatlantic cruise

JohnKen3

How do the time changes work on an eastbound transatlantic cruise on the QM2. I know we have to loose 5 hours on the voyage.

Is it an hour a night for the middle 5 nights of the voyage?

Or is there a mixture of loosing an hour at night and during the day. I was really surprised on the QE in early Jan when clocks changed from 12 noon to 1pm. No change to sleep patterns but there is one hour less programming of activities during day for crew to plan for.

On QM2 EB transatlantics time changes are at Noon. There is the navigational announcement then all of the ship clocks start clicking ahead one hour. (Therefore lunch is 1 - 2:30PM.) This makes for short afternoons but the reasoning is that everyone, including the crew, will get their sleep at night.

You might want to keep this in mind when selecting your dining time.

Concerning on which days of an eastbound crossing the clock adjustments occur, during the eastbound crossings I have been on the clocks were moved ahead one hour at noon on every sea day except the second sea day (day 3 of the voyage counting day 1 as embarkation day in New York).