Toiletries

the_raisons

There are 2 dispensers in the shower. One with shower gel and one with shampoo. They have small bars of soap, a little harsh though. In suites they have small containers of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion, similar to what you get in hotels.

Thank you :)

There are 2 dispensers in the shower. One with shower gel and one with shampoo. They have small bars of soap, a little harsh though. In suites they have small containers of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion, similar to what you get in hotels.

If you are referring to the toothpaste, razor and other items from the past those have been gone for a while. Expect soap, shampoo and bath gel. The later two in a dispenser on the wall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The shampoo and shower gel provided is just a bit too much of a mystery for us to want to try it, especially after seeing the very generic looking gallon jugs of it on the stewards cart. We kinda like to know what we're using, so we just bring our own when traveling. The little soap discs were fine for hand washing though.

Thanks for all your replies, think we will bring our own travel size shampoo and conditioner - looking forward to trying Carnival for the first time :)

Bit off topic, but we are a party of 10 and have booked my time dining, do you think this is ok or should we go for a timed seating for this size party? - thanks in advance

... we are a party of 10 and have booked my time dining, do you think this is ok or should we go for a timed seating for this size party?

Sounds like your the decision maker for the group. My answer is it depends.

If you all want to walk right in, sit down and have dinner going in 15 min then fixed time dining is best. If you don’t mind waiting for s table at peak times then the flex option would be fine.

It’s all a personal preference. We love the predictability and as creatures of habit, 6 pm dining. Same table, same server and often the same seat. But, one of us is a retired school teacher and I travel often on business, so we live on Outlook calendar time.

When I suggested that you are the group leader by default I’m also suggesting to let the group handle their own ups and downs on your vacation. I’ve been there, and became the impromptu problem solver.

Enjoy the cruise.

We take small refillable bottles of 2-in-1 shampoo conditioners like Pert or Head and Shoulders. We just throw the empties into the dirty clothes suitcase - they are easier to pack than the big bottles.

DH likes his soap from home so we take a bar of that.

For the bathroom sink I take a 1/2 pump bottle of antibacterial soap. Yes, I know it doesn't stop every germ but it makes me feel safer and is gentler on the hands as much as I wash hands on a cruise ship.

Thanks - we like the idea of same server so perhaps fixed time may be way to go :)

Sounds like your the decision maker for the group. My answer is it depends.

If you all want to walk right in, sit down and have dinner going in 15 min then fixed time dining is best. If you don’t mind waiting for s table at peak times then the flex option would be fine.

It’s all a personal preference. We love the predictability and as creatures of habit, 6 pm dining. Same table, same server and often the same seat. But, one of us is a retired school teacher and I travel often on business, so we live on Outlook calendar time.

When I suggested that you are the group leader by default I’m also suggesting to let the group handle their own ups and downs on your vacation. I’ve been there, and became the impromptu problem solver.

Enjoy the cruise.

Thanks - we like the idea of same server so perhaps fixed time may be way to go :)

One good thing about fixed seating with a large group is that after the first night everyone knows what time dinner is and where the table is so you don't have to hang out in the lobby waiting for the whole group to gather before being seated. They can wander in on their own.

I went thru this same thing with my party of 12. I started with MTD but switched. I decided fixed early dinner. We have a wide range of ages 3 to 75. I figured there would always be 3 to 5 persons who don't show up but at least those who did could sit together at the appointed time without having to wait for a table.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Even if you do MTD, you can request the same waitstaff. It's just that you may have to wait a while if they don't have an open table. We've done MTD successfully with 6 people, but when our family goes next year, there will be 7 or 8 so we will do set time dining. At least that's the plan right now.