What I wish I had put on the post cruise survey but didn't

I'm a full week off the 12 night southern carib Anthem cruise. Mostly unpacked and laundry done. Obsessing over what my next cruise booked will be (I tend to be spontaneous and book within 60 - 90 days of departure). But I'm sitting here thinking about the post cruise survey and what I wish I had mentioned but didn't. Wondering if there is anything you wish you had mentioned and didn't.

Here's mine: Chops Grille - ate there for the third time (of four Anthem cruises). It was fine. Food was fine, service was fine. Not exceptional but nothing to complain about. BUT why do they keep the curtains open so the view out every window is florescent lit life boats? Who wants to see that jarring yellow brightly lit while you are trying to have a fine dining experience? Why don't they close the curtains? Of the entire Chops experience two weeks ago, that's what I remember. Those ugly yellow life boats at dinner. (of course had I ever had the need to use one I'd be darn glad it was ugly yellow). Just wondering, has any of the Chops staff ever sat in one of their tables and realized how incongruous that view is? Just close the curtains!

How about you? What do you wish you had mentioned on your survey?

I'm a full week off the 12 night southern carib Anthem cruise. Mostly unpacked and laundry done. Obsessing over what my next cruise booked will be (I tend to be spontaneous and book within 60 - 90 days of departure). But I'm sitting here thinking about the post cruise survey and what I wish I had mentioned but didn't. Wondering if there is anything you wish you had mentioned and didn't.

Here's mine: Chops Grille - ate there for the third time (of four Anthem cruises). It was fine. Food was fine, service was fine. Not exceptional but nothing to complain about. BUT why do they keep the curtains open so the view out every window is florescent lit life boats? Who wants to see that jarring yellow brightly lit while you are trying to have a fine dining experience? Why don't they close the curtains? Of the entire Chops experience two weeks ago, that's what I remember. Those ugly yellow life boats at dinner. (of course had I ever had the need to use one I'd be darn glad it was ugly yellow). Just wondering, has any of the Chops staff ever sat in one of their tables and realized how incongruous that view is? Just close the curtains!

How about you? What do you wish you had mentioned on your survey?

I would have asked the waiter to close the blinds.

I wished I had mentioned that the cruise director, who was British, seemed to be a bit clueless about how uniquely British a lot of jokes were. We’re also British so we understood most of his references, but we’ve lived overseas long enough to know that 99.99% of the non-Brits on board would have no idea what he was talking about. I think there’s a high chance of losing people’s interest when they can’t relate to what you’re saying, and the job of a CD is to engage people.

I wished I had mentioned that the cruise director, who was British, seemed to be a bit clueless about how uniquely British a lot of jokes were. We’re also British so we understood most of his references, but we’ve lived overseas long enough to know that 99.99% of the non-Brits on board would have no idea what he was talking about. I think there’s a high chance of losing people’s interest when they can’t relate to what you’re saying, and the job of a CD is to engage people.

Huh?????? What does this have to do with the OP"s question/statement???

I try not to obsess over petty things and I love natural light.

Not obsessing. Just an observation that I wish I had mentioned. They ask for feedback in order to make the experience better for everybody. We're all entitled to our opinions. No natural light coming in those windows at 6 p.m. in January. As I mentioned it's florescent yellow.

I try not to obsess over petty things and I love natural light.

Personally the only time i have asked for the blinds to be altered was once when the sun was blinding me and i asked for a slight closure to block the sunlight.

We always like to look out of the windows so would personally normally get a table with a clear oceon view.

Huh?????? What does this have to do with the OP"s question/statement???

I suspect they thought this was the start of a new thread where everyone was to write what they wished they had put on their survey. That's what I had thought, until I saw your post and then I realized they were merely telling us what they wish they had written!!

I suspect they thought this was the start of a new thread where everyone was to write what they wished they had put on their survey. That's what I had thought, until I saw your post and then I realized they were merely telling us what they wish they had written!!

Ohhhhhh....ok.....now I get it!

Actually I did tell what I wished I had written as an example to get the thread started. I was truly interested to see what people thought a week or more after their cruise. I see now that that was a mistake. Apologies. Carry on.

Don't be silly! You expressed what your feeling was. That is what CC is all about. Forgive me for not understanding the content of your thread. I get it now and thank you for sharing.

Don't be silly! You expressed what your feeling was. That is what CC is all about. Forgive me for not understanding the content of your thread. I get it now and thank you for sharing.

I agree.

Often i will fill the survey in quickly and afterwards remember something but usually anything really important like names etc i usually write them down before i leave the ship so i don't forget them.

Actually I did tell what I wished I had written as an example to get the thread started. I was truly interested to see what people thought a week or more after their cruise. I see now that that was a mistake. Apologies. Carry on.

You weren’t the one making the mistake, it was the person who didn’t read your post who made the mistake and probably owes the apology.

I stuck to praising the good service we got and complaining about our disaster the last night in the main dining room (a party of 22 showed up, so they moved us from the lovely waiter we’d had all week to a noisy table with a waiter who treated us like crap. Nice end to a cruise).

But if I’m going to complain a little more I’d just say Sabor is a rip off. There should be some sort of inexpensive option if you just want to snack on chips and sals and have a margarita.