Which (charging) Restaurant on Oasis Is Best?

SAHMof3

First time on RC. Sailed 8 times on Carnival. Have visited their steakhouse every time. Wanted to hear from others which extra restaurant on Oasis is worth the visit? We want to be "wow'd!" Chops, the Italian Restaurant, Japanese, etc. And what do you recommend there? We will probably go the first night ($20 night)

We had the first night deal and went to Giovanni's, they did a great job and the food was superb. The third night we went to 150 CP and found the food great but the service was not up to par, must of been a bad night as it is usually top notch.:):)

We were on Oasis earlier this month and bought the three specialty restaurant package after we boarded the ship for like $80 plus tip. We did Izumi Hibachi, Chops and Giovanni. I had steak in all three. The waiter in Giovanni promised that his steak would be the best. It was and he even sent the chef out to thank me for saying so. The steak in Izumi Hibachi was also excellent.

While we enjoyed the specialty restaurants, we missed the interaction that you get from having the same waiter in the MDR. Next time, we would most likely do just one specialty restaurant.

We were on Oasis earlier this month and bought the three specialty restaurant package after we boarded the ship for like $80 plus tip. We did Izumi Hibachi, Chops and Giovanni. I had steak in all three. The waiter in Giovanni promised that his steak would be the best. It was and he even sent the chef out to thank me for saying so. The steak in Izumi Hibachi was also excellent.

While we enjoyed the specialty restaurants, we missed the interaction that you get from having the same waiter in the MDR. Next time, we would most likely do just one specialty restaurant.

I had read that dining packages weren't valid for Izumi Hibachi, but apparently that is not the case. Was there any discussion about that with whoever you bought the package from or made the reservation with (like, "In the past, you couldn't use a dining package at Hibachi, but it recently changed if you'd like to try it"?)

I'm on Oasis Feb 4 and we have the Ultimate Dining Package, so we plan to try for Hibachi.

I had read that dining packages weren't valid for Izumi Hibachi, but apparently that is not the case. Was there any discussion about that with whoever you bought the package from or made the reservation with (like, "In the past, you couldn't use a dining package at Hibachi, but it recently changed if you'd like to try it"?)

I'm on Oasis Feb 4 and we have the Ultimate Dining Package, so we plan to try for Hibachi.

We bought the package from the lady taking reservations in Izumi Hibachi so it wasn't an issue for us. She also gave us a dinner in the Solarium Bistro for that evening. Her husband was our waiter there.