San Fran Hotel Package from Princess

RyanR1982

San Francisco is a simple city to maneuver on your own, no need to get a Princess transfer. If you fly into SFO or OAK you can easily take BART into the City. You can also check an Uber or Lyft app to see what the price is without actually requesting the ride to see if you'd rather get there faster and more direct than public transportation.

Then, once you are in the City, you can Uber to taxi to and from the ship.

If you buy the pre-cruise hotel package from Princess transfers are included for both airport-hotel and hotel-pier. Even so the only reason to have Princess book pre-cruise hotel and transportation for is that you would rather they do all the arranging even with a significant mark-up. Remember that the hotel package is priced per person, not per room.

Any tips from past cruisers. We are looking to stay 1 day before and 2 days after cruise. Would it be wise to get the transfers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I priced Princess packages vs. doing it on my own and I came out way ahead doing it on my own. We arrived at SFO and used SuperShuttle to get to our hotel in downtown. We stayed at the Marriott Marquis. Great location for shopping, restaurants, transportation, etc. We took a taxi to the port but our son used the trolley which was a lot cheaper and goes right by the terminal. Then we used SuperShuttle at the end of the cruise to go back to the airport. We used the trolley to go to a couple of places while we were there.

Last October we stayed at The Zoe for a few days before our cruise. It has a great location walk to Fisherman's Wharf, close to streetcar, and HOHO bus. Rooms were small, but served wine on arrival and in PM. Short ride to cruise ship, walkin is posible if you are up for it.

May I suggest the Grand Hyatt on Union Square. A bit pricy, but a lovely city hotel one block from the cable car and all of the shopping / eateries on Union Square. There are many fine options, but I find this place a good balance between absurdly expensive and threadbare.

Minutes from pier 27.

Jon