Need Excursion Help - Mom, Dad and 2 teenage sons

4olivers

we will be visiting Costa Maya in early May, it will be the last stop on our Carnival Magic Cruise. We like to explore, relax on the beach, LOVE to snorkel, drink, eat great food. We have the shortest time here, I believe 8-2, currently our plans are as follows for other ports:

Cozumel - Mr Sanchos most likely

Belize - Butts Up triple tour (cave tubing, ATV and Zipline)

Roatan - Little French Key

Costa Maya - NO CLUE

our boys are 13 and 16 if that helps.

we will be visiting Costa Maya in early May, it will be the last stop on our Carnival Magic Cruise. We like to explore, relax on the beach, LOVE to snorkel, drink, eat great food. We have the shortest time here, I believe 8-2, currently our plans are as follows for other ports:

Cozumel - Mr Sanchos most likely

Belize - Butts Up triple tour (cave tubing, ATV and Zipline)

Roatan - Little French Key

Costa Maya - NO CLUE

our boys are 13 and 16 if that helps.

Our first time in Costa Maya will be in April. We are doing the ruins tour with Native Choice. The one that gets back around 1pm, but our ship leaves at 5 not 2pm like yours. Might be best just to go to a beach with that limited time.

Since it looks like you already have 2 beach days scheduled, I would suggest a ruins tour with Native Choice. They offer a 4 hour tour that should work with your schedule. They are very good at making sure you get back to the ship on time. Their business depends on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Since you seem to like water activities there are several all-inclusive locations mentioned on this board. We went with one through the cruise line in September and it was decent (eastern Caribbean cruise diverted to western due to hurricane). Not really sure what club we went to - there are maybe 10 in a row. Wish we had brought our snorkel gear since reef was very close-in. Lots of fish even in the weeds nearer shore. There is also a water park with zip lines if you like that kind of activity.

By the way, in Cozumel just right of the water park at Mr Sanchos there are a couple of statues on the bottom. Saw lots of fish and a ray out there last week. Gaby did a great job as server there.

Personally, I would go to one of the beach clubs along the malecon such as Blue Kay. However, since you will have had 2 beach days already, maybe consider the new water park with the water slides, zip lines, etc. It looks pretty fun and I know my teen-aged boys would enjoy it. Its called the Lost Mayan Kingdom.

Personally, I would go to one of the beach clubs along the malecon such as Blue Kay. However, since you will have had 2 beach days already, maybe consider the new water park with the water slides, zip lines, etc. It looks pretty fun and I know my teen-aged boys would enjoy it. Its called the Lost Mayan Kingdom.

We went to the Lost Mayan Kingdom last April and really enjoyed it. All of the kids ( ages 8, 11, 12, 16) and adults had a good time. OP, I think we were on the same itinerary as you and had the same port hours in Costa Maya. If you haven't zip lined before, this was a good way to try it out. It was the first time for many in our group. If you have, it may not be as appealing.