Oasis questions

jty1220

Hey gang,

we are getting ready for a cruise on Oasis and I had a few quick questions. We will be traveling with 3 kids and looking for some advice to any of the must sees for shows or special events?

Also we booked a dinner at 150 central Park and was wondering if it is just like other specialty restaurants that allow you to order more than one app?

Final question, are you still allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne on board per person?

Thanks

The ice show is very good, so is the water show. We were allowed to order multiple apps when we were there in September. Cats is a little long for the kids. Even some adults find it confusing and boring. If they do a FAMILY comedy show it will be ok for the kids. Quest is NOT for kids. The 70's parade is fun.

And why not 2 per person? Do they really tabulate how much is going to each cabin, especially if both parties don't check in at the same time?

Sure, let's post this on a public website that the cruise line reads and get this perk taken away too.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Did I read that you are only allowed to order on entree at dinner in the MDR?

No. At 150 Central Park, although on our last visit we went on the last night and our waiter , who was fabulous by the way, specifically asked if we wanted to try something else.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow. Ok. We are booked on the oasis this July we have never sailed Royal Caribbean only carnival and Norwegian and never had an issue with ordering more than one entrée. Was surprised to hear that thanks for the info.

I hope you enjoy Oasis! We prefer the freedom class however did rebook for Oasis this coming December. We sailed her for the first time just in October!

Did I read that you are only allowed to order on entree at dinner in the MDR?

That's false for the main dining room, for specialty restaurants you are only "supposed" to be allowed to order one entree (multiple apps/sides/desserts are ok) but there have been reports of waiters offering to bring out multiple entrees.

No personal experience with either recently however that's what I've read here from posters both sailing and recently sailed.

Thanks! Excited to try Royal Caribbean. Even the largest carnival ships are nowhere near the size of this one. It will just be interesting to try a different cruise line as sailing carnival so often everything is pretty much the same. Looking forward to some different shows and different food etc. We booked a central park balcony room in November. Hope it’s decent. I feel like a new cruiser again. LOL

That's false for the main dining room, for specialty restaurants you are only "supposed" to be allowed to order one entree (multiple apps/sides/desserts are ok) but there have been reports of waiters offering to bring out multiple entrees.

No personal experience with either recently however that's what I've read here from posters both sailing and recently sailed.

Thanks!! it’s not like I order multiple entrées every night LOL but I know on carnival many times on lobster night I will order more than one or lobster and prime rib. I guess we will wait and see once we get there.

Thanks! Excited to try Royal Caribbean. Even the largest carnival ships are nowhere near the size of this one. It will just be interesting to try a different cruise line as sailing carnival so often everything is pretty much the same. Looking forward to some different shows and different food etc. We booked a central park balcony room in November. Hope it’s decent. I feel like a new cruiser again. LOL

We had a boardwalk balcony in October and loved it. Central Park is a it quieter. I’m sure you’ll love it!

Wow. Ok. We are booked on the oasis this July we have never sailed Royal Caribbean only carnival and Norwegian and never had an issue with ordering more than one entrée. Was surprised to hear that thanks for the info.

On my cruises on Carnival at the specialty restaurants, if more than one entree is ordered, there is an additional charge. This is no different.

The MDR allows more than one entree if someone wants it. I guess I might be misunderstanding your post, but did you mean you believe you could order more than 1 entree in the specialty restaurants? Or, did you hear somewhere that you could only order 1 entree in the MDR?

On my cruises on Carnival at the specialty restaurants, if more than one entree is ordered, there is an additional charge. This is no different.

The MDR allows more than one entree if someone wants it. I guess I might be misunderstanding your post, but did you mean you believe you could order more than 1 entree in the specialty restaurants? Or, did you hear somewhere that you could only order 1 entree in the MDR?

I was wondering about ordering additional entrées in the main dining room not specialty restaurant.

I was wondering about ordering additional entrées in the main dining room not specialty restaurant.

Has not been a problem in the past, though there's been one report of a waiter on one ship (think it was Oasis) showing a guest new menus and asking them to pick one from each column. I don't yet know if this was an anomoly or they are trying to institute a new policy.

There is no problem ordering extra entrees in the MDR. On our last RCI cruise on lobster night the waiter brought me out 3 lobster tails.

I only ordered one and never mentioned wanting more.

The original question that was asked was about the specialty restaurant and that was what the answers were referring to, not the MDR.

You should be good to go in the MDR.:)

Bill