Haven vs. Suites

jwatford

We are going on the Pearl and have the 2-Bedroom Suite. We have the opportunity to upgrade to the 2-Bedroom Haven. We really do not care about the pool area, so I think we will just stick with what we have. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going on the Pearl and have the 2-Bedroom Suite. We have the opportunity to upgrade to the 2-Bedroom Haven. We really do not care about the pool area, so I think we will just stick with what we have. Thanks!!

Ok. Yes, difference on Jewel class ships is use of haven. Or not. A few years ago an experiment was done on the Jade where all suite passengers were given access to the haven. I believe this was to make that consideration across the fleet, as the new builds only have cabins start with H which means they all have Haven access. But it was a total disaster because the Jewel class Havens are way too small to accommodate all of those passengers.

Here is what many believe as well... If you value the attention of the concierge, being "in" the haven proper gives you an unspoken higher status. I've done both many times and I did not see any difference in this however.

100% agree with that decision. The ONLY thing you miss out is access to the Havens courtyard. As a Suites guest, you get all of the other amenities. And get invited to all of the Havens activities (officers cocktail party, glacier watching).

I have stayed in the jewel 2bd suite and am booked for the exact suite on pearl. We love it. The haven area is so small, it’s not worth it to upgrade. You have all the other amenities.

I agree with you. I love the aft and the Jewel aft penthouse was awesome. So quiet. We were very active in port so the haven pool area would have only been used on sea days anyways.

Now Epic is a different story.

But my two long cruises on the Sun were on the aft in phs with huge balcony. There is no haven on the Sun and only 20 suites. Love that setup.