Gratuities on Royal Carribbean ships sailing in Australia

korky1

I believe RCL have stopped charging automatic gratuities daily to your account when sailing in and out of Sydney. Does this apply to My Time Dining as well? Thanks for any info you can give me.

I believe RCL have stopped charging automatic gratuities daily to your account when sailing in and out of Sydney. Does this apply to My Time Dining as well? Thanks for any info you can give me.

When sold by an agent in AUD or on RCI Australian website (in AUD) , the daily charges have been added and automatically included in fares quoted since early 2017..

My time or fixed dining can be selected, makes no difference now.

Edited by Big Kev
typo

Does this apply to repositioning cruises ending in Australia as well?

Can I also assume that grats are not included if booking thru an overseas TA, or broker???

I have a feeling that this policy applies to any cruise that starts AND ends at an Australian port, though I could be completely wrong with this

Edit:

See the article posted at https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=7384 if that helps?

Does this apply to repositioning cruises ending in Australia as well?

Can I also assume that grats are not included if booking thru an overseas TA, or broker???

It applies to cruises purchased and priced in Australian $$$ and at Australian RCI published prices.. Applies to cruises purchased for any itinerary around the globe...... (Also Celebrity)...

If you purchase same cruise in another currency through an agent or website outside Australia, the price, (and conditions), of that country apply. (eg--- book in $USA grats are added later if not prepaid, and I think UK also has grats included)

S and P

PS..... (Every visiting seasonal homeporting Australia cruise-line has different terms and conditions, what mentioned here is for original poster and applies to RCI and Celebrity only)

Edited by Big Kev
clarify.?

It applies to cruises purchased and priced in Australian $$$ and at Australian RCI published prices.. Applies to cruises purchased for any itinerary around the globe...... (Also Celebrity)...

If you purchase same cruise in another currency through an agent or website outside Australia, the price, (and conditions), of that country apply. (eg--- book in $USA grats are added later if not prepaid, and I think UK also has grats included)

S and P

PS..... (Every visiting seasonal homeporting Australia cruise-line has different terms and conditions, what mentioned here is for original poster and applies to RCI and Celebrity only)

Everything here is clear and correct, always check with booking agent never assume anything, in October Cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore with RCI booked and paid for in Australia in included gratuities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s not as simple as described. Last week RCL were billing me gratuities on an Aussie cruise even when it said on my invoice that gratuities were included in the fare.

Why did this happen? I never discovered. Solving the problem was simple enough, having tried for two long with customer services I emailed the RCL CEO and the problem went away very quick;y after that.

It’s not as simple as described. Last week RCL were billing me gratuities on an Aussie cruise even when it said on my invoice that gratuities were included in the fare.

Why did this happen? I never discovered. Solving the problem was simple enough, having tried for two long with customer services I emailed the RCL CEO and the problem went away very quick;y after that.

Just got off a 10 nighter booked and paid for with RCI au RCI au T&C,s but still got charged (not for long) $14.50 pp per day, this just goes to show RCI Australia does not exist!

Funny really as I just got done mentioning about grats in my JBR and looked at this!

How many people did not know and have been charged twice?

Sneaky sneaky RCI lol,