Belize excursion suggestions needed

Caps_Shield

We are looking for cool things to do in Belize for an excursion and looking for suggestions. Going on the Dream in July and this port has us stumped. Not looking for anything with high action ( think ATVs) or long hikes and SCUBA.

If you are sticking around the town and want a great lunch, grab a taxi and have them take you to Bird's Isle Café, it is not far from the dock, I have walked there and back but I can not tell you how to do if, but you could walk back if you watch how the taxi driver goes. ( I am in my 70's and have done this on several cruises) the place is on the water and many local people, business owners and government employees go there, I love the chicken.

Take the Belize Express water taxi to Caye Caulker. Its an amazingly chill place to spend a day. Everything is just a walk away. The food is yummy. Its really a unique little place.

I did this and it was an amazing (and very cheap) experience.

The water taxi is literally next door to the tender dock. You do have to exit the port area but you just go right in the little shopping mall next door and buy a ticket.

Double check the taxi schedule and allow plenty of time on your return.

The Caye area was an amazing place to explore. We had a nice meal at a restaurant and hung out all over the little island.

I'm a big fan of the zoo. Done the ship excursion a couple of times. The tour guides give you lots of information about the country on the drive to the zoo. The zoo itself is all wildlife native to Belize in their natural habitats. It's very well kept and makes for a fun day.

I also recommend Caye Caulker. We were worried about the water taxi schedule lining up so we booked the island explorer excursion through Coral Breeze. We had a wonderful time. Once we exited the tender we met our guides on the pier. We took about a 40 min boat ride to Caye Caulker, seeing dolphins along the way. Once we arrived at Caye Caulker the golf cart we requested was there. We spent hours exploring the island stopping at different restaurants and bars and trying something off the menu. It’s been one of my favorite excursions I’ve ever booked and it didn’t even feel like a cruise excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums