Need help pulling the trigger with 3-4 night cruise in Mid-Late Feb!?

aimcat

Hey guys so it will be my husband and I which are experienced cruisers and a friend of ours going which has never cruised. We have a few days off work and can go mid-late Feb. Here are our only options that will work with our time off and I need some help figuring out which to do! Our last 2 cruises have been big ships, but keep in mind we will have a first time cruiser with us. Our goals - just fun, relaxation, and a great time! Also keep in mind just about all of these cruises are the same price even the 3 nights. So just wanting help picking the best overall ship etc!

3 night cruises that will work:

RC- Enchantment (2 ports)

NCL- Sky (includes drinks) (2 ports)

Carnival - Liberty (Nassau only)

Carnival - Victory (cheapest of them all) (Nassau only)

4 nights that will work:

Carnival - Elation

Carnival - Sensation

RC - Empress (most expensive and smallest ship of all I think)

Edited by aimcat

Have been on Liberty and Victory, both are nice and the Victory just received upgrades such as Guy's burgers and all of the rooms were completely renovated. However I think those cruises just spend a day in Nassau and that's a pretty daunting port for newbies. Norwegian Sky includes the drinks but when you go to the total they add on quite a bit for their "free" drinks. Anyway, I would choose one of the 4 nighters mostly because obviously it's longer and you likely get 2 ports in each. I have not been on any of the 4 nighter ships you list so can't comment on that/

What do you mean about the port? I have been to Nassau twice and its been awhile since we have been and I dont care to go back, not my fav port, but will do. Yes, NCL goes to 2 stops and yes I know what you mean about the fees. I just wondered about that ship and making sure it wasnt a totally crazy booze cruise lol. The 3 night enchantment gets 2 stops also.

With work schedule I used to do a lot of short cruises as "Mental Health Days" after huge inspections. I wanted as many ports as possible so I could go somewhere different, see something new and just forget reality for a few days. Everyone has their own reason for the short cruises. Some want the crazy booze cruise, others just want to get away and only have a short time frame.

Now, I go for as long as I can and as many times as I can get away. Last year I took my girls on a 5 night cruise because of their scheduling issues. Had a great time. Be open to different lines.

As for the health inspections, usually after a poor grade they work extremely hard to make everything perfect. The ship is cleaned and is in tip top shape.

We are actually booked on the Elation Feb 15-19 (probably one of the cruises you are looking at). The price point was great for us for a "short" cruise and the ship has recently undergone upgrading. The itenerary isn't the best on that particular trip (would rather switch Freeport for Half Moon Cay). But it looks like a decent little fun trip for the money.

As of this morning I found out due to my husband and our friends schedules we can only do one around feb 22 dates so that limits us to sensation only I believe. I have seen so many mixed reviews on sensation that I’m not sure.

Actually I am wrong, my 2 choices I have are Carnival Liberty 3 day to Nassau only or Carnival Sensation Key West and Nassau

I'd pick Sensation Key West and Nassau. I've been wishing I could go back to Key West for twelve years now (even though I know I can drive it)

Actually I was wrong! Its Key West and Cozumel not Nassau! What about the quality of the ships? The Liberty looks bigger with more restaurants and bars? Important to us is proabably - 1. Shows/Comedy 2. Food 3. Bars/Drinks 4. Ports 5. Everything else

I've been on Liberty and Sensation multiple times. Both good ships. Liberty is larger with a few more bells and whistles but Sensation is not bad. I'd definitely do the Sensation just for the ports. Key West and Coz over Bahamas any day!