Valentine's weekend = High Hotel Cost in Galveston :(

Snuckles

Hello all, looks like a lot of the hotels in Galveston has raised their prices for the weekend after Valentine's day. We are flying into IAH and taking a Uber to a hotel. Looking for recommendations and or cities I should look for hotels that are close to Galveston. Thank you for any advice or guidance you can provide.

That is a huge Birding weekend that attracts visitors from all over.

It is not unusual for accommodation prices to rise in any city when there are events which attract many visitors.

Galveston is a destination with events almost every weekend.

Perhaps stay near the airport the come to the island the day of your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's a thought, to just stay in Houston overnight. I thought the general consensus was to get as close to Galveston as you can to avoid any morning faux pas by being stuff in traffic, road closures, snow, etc. Can you recommend cities that are close to Galveston that may not be popular that weekend? Or should we just spend the night in Houston?

Hello all, looks like a lot of the hotels in Galveston has raised their prices for the weekend after Valentine's day. We are flying into IAH and taking a Uber to a hotel. Looking for recommendations and or cities I should look for hotels that are close to Galveston. Thank you for any advice or guidance you can provide.

There are quite a few hotels around Houston Hobby Airport. You might consider staying there and then catch an Uber to the port when you are ready to go which is about a 45-minute drive.

We are flying into IAH and taking a Uber to a hotel. Looking for recommendations and or cities I should look for hotels that are close to Galveston. Thank you for any advice or guidance you can provide.

We are on your same cruise, Snuckles. We are also flying into IAH (just the two of us). We get in Friday early evening, and decided to just stay at a hotel near the airport with free shuttle. Haven't decided yet whether we will shuttle back to the airport in the morning and book one of the shuttles to the cruise port in Galveston, or try Uber.

We are on your same cruise, Snuckles. We are also flying into IAH (just the two of us). We get in Friday early evening, and decided to just stay at a hotel near the airport with free shuttle. Haven't decided yet whether we will shuttle back to the airport in the morning and book one of the shuttles to the cruise port in Galveston, or try Uber.

You know scsagh, I was looking at the responses and thinking same thing. This would reduce our cost of paying for transportation to a hotel then another to the port. Okay off to check the prices of hotels around the airport with shuttle services. Hope I run into you 19 days!! Woot! Woot!

Thank you all for responding and being so helpful. I really appreciate it.