A "Quickie" on the Jade

Oakman58

What a great review! Thoroughly enjoyed your humor. My husband and I will be on the Jade in March. First time on the Jade and this review is making me excited to be on the ship!

I hope you have a great cruise.

I enjoy your sense of humor.

Great review. Thanks

Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hi ernsings...great to hear from you.

We are on the 23rd March 10 day southern Caribbean.

Yes we were changed. Have been to Aruba and Bonaire before so probably wouldn't have chosen this itinerary.

My wife's birthday is April 1......does that ring a bell!!!! So we were looking for a cruise around them. Loved St Thomas and the original itinerary had that plus others we hadn't been too. But the islands took a terrible toll.

BTW my birthday is.......Feb 14........what an odd couple!!

Enjoy your cruise. Would love to have met up.

Deeko

Hi ernsings...great to hear from you.

We are on the 23rd March 10 day southern Caribbean.

Yes we were changed. Have been to Aruba and Bonaire before so probably wouldn't have chosen this itinerary.

My wife's birthday is April 1......does that ring a bell!!!! So we were looking for a cruise around them. Loved St Thomas and the original itinerary had that plus others we hadn't been too. But the islands took a terrible toll.

BTW my birthday is.......Feb 14........what an odd couple!!

Enjoy your cruise. Would love to have met up.

Deeko

That is too cool! My husband's bday is Feb 26! I've always felt April 1 fit my personality. We haven't made it to Aruba or Bonaire or St. Thomas yet unfortunately. We've been on mostly east and west Caribbean, just one southern. Sure hope to do those ports someday. Hope you and your wife have a great cruise!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi again Erin,

We are from Ireland......you have exactly the perfect name!!!

Have great time on the Jade. We leave Spain late February and eventually leave Ireland late March. Flying to Miami, then the Jade 23rd and staying on for the 4 day from 2nd until 6th, then up to Port Canaveral to get on the Epic leaving the 7th for the TA to Barcelona and so back where we started!!!

Have you Irish connections or just parents with an ear for a great name!!!

Have a great time on Jade

Deeko

Hi again Erin,

We are from Ireland......you have exactly the perfect name!!!

Have great time on the Jade. We leave Spain late February and eventually leave Ireland late March. Flying to Miami, then the Jade 23rd and staying on for the 4 day from 2nd until 6th, then up to Port Canaveral to get on the Epic leaving the 7th for the TA to Barcelona and so back where we started!!!

Have you Irish connections or just parents with an ear for a great name!!!

Have a great time on Jade

Deeko

I do have the perfect name!!! I've always liked it and definitely want to make it to Ireland someday. Don't believe I have any Irish heritage, but my mom does have that good ear for names[emoji5] I am so envious of your TA cruise, my husband and I have wanted to do that forever! We will someday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hello Erin,

We have wanted to do the TA for a while.

Hey you have more years to give it a go than us.......

Retirement gives great scope to do these things..... but hey don't be in a rush to get to retirement!!!

Meantime ....carpe diem......and enjoy them all.

Deeko

Oakman ......that was a great tip about deck 13.....thanks again.

We also love the open deck. Epic can feel very closed in.

When is your Jade cruise. Just wondering if Belfast or Dublin are on the itinerary.

As I said before.......great review.......thanks.

Deeko

Oakman ......that was a great tip about deck 13.....thanks again.

We also love the open deck. Epic can feel very closed in.

When is your Jade cruise. Just wondering if Belfast or Dublin are on the itinerary.

As I said before.......great review.......thanks.

Deeko

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Our Jade cruise is September 17 and has both Belfast and Dublin on the itinerary. My dear sainted mother was of Irish descent so at some point in Ireland we want to hit a pub, hoist a beer to the heavens and toast my mother.

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Our Jade cruise is September 17 and has both Belfast and Dublin on the itinerary. My dear sainted mother was of Irish descent so at some point in Ireland we want to hit a pub, hoist a beer to the heavens and toast my mother.

My DH and I went to Ireland for 9 days a few years ago...Belfast was one of our favorite places. We did the Black Taxi Tour and it was fantastic.

In Dublin - OMG the Jameson Distillery...they have a Jameson Manhattan...Turned me into, not a whiskey girl but a Jameson girl...I will do the Jameson and Ginger Ale...

My DH and I went to Ireland for 9 days a few years ago...Belfast was one of our favorite places. We did the Black Taxi Tour and it was fantastic.

In Dublin - OMG the Jameson Distillery...they have a Jameson Manhattan...Turned me into, not a whiskey girl but a Jameson girl...I will do the Jameson and Ginger Ale...

My wife and I are really excited about our British Isles cruise this September. Our ports of call after leaving Southhampton will be Guernsey Channel Islands, Portland, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Kirkwall Orkney Isles, Inverness, Edinburgh, New Castle, England and then back to Southhampton. This cruise has two sea days also.

On the day we are scheduled to be in Cork, Ireland I’ll be celebrating my 73 birthday so I guess I’ll have to hoist a beer and toast myself. There might be more than one toast to myself that evening too.

My wife and I are really excited about our British Isles cruise this September. Our ports of call after leaving Southhampton will be Guernsey Channel Islands, Portland, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Kirkwall Orkney Isles, Inverness, Edinburgh, New Castle, England and then back to Southhampton. This cruise has two sea days also.

On the day we are scheduled to be in Cork, Ireland I’ll be celebrating my 73 birthday so I guess I’ll have to hoist a beer and toast myself. There might be more than one toast to myself that evening too.

If you have never been, and if time allows, our Belfast recommendations:

Black Taxi Tour

Giant's Causeway

Carrick a Rede (Rope Bridge)

All three of these are awe-inspiring, humbling and not for the faint of heart (I am terrified of heights, and couldn't swim - but I did the rope bridge)

Dublin - Jameson - without a doubt - this is the original one and if we have to choose between the Jameson and Guinness, we would choose Jameson - no question. We found Guinness to be very crowded and very commercial, 7 levels of "buy me". We are not HUGE beer drinkers (I have an allergy to hops and barley, but I can do SOME beers), and I do like dark, but I am not a fan of Guinness. Was hoping that being there, where its made, would change my mind. Their café IS very good though and good sized portions.

Also in Dublin, Trinity College. The Long Library and the Book of Kells - is a book lovers (me) safe place...floor to ceiling (Cant even begin to guess the height of the room) of books...beautiful old books, that smell old, and just being in the room you whisper because you are afraid that sound itself will cause damage to the books. Completely amazing. We also did the Dublina exhibit - Viking and long ship exhibit...was fantastic. The Hop-On and Off bus was also great, saved a lot of walking, and we were able to do ALL the things we wanted off the tour.

I think Cork (never made it there) also has Jameson and/or Guinness as their Main operating distillery. Tours I believe are also offered there.

Sorry - we loved Ireland. It is an amazing country, and the only reason that we aren't going back again, is because we are trying to see other parts of the world...BUT if we have the opportunity (like on a cruise) we would never pass it up...

• 2 weeks later...
like your flu shot idea-but I don't like whisky!

will have to do extensive research on whether wine will work aswell

Try it with a little piece of dark chocolate (which is also good for you) Amazing how much it changes the taste of the whisky, or the wine. learned this, on a whisky/chocolate paring tasting we did on the Disney Magic...:o It was wonderful.