Club Class Dining on the Crown

memoak

• 1 month later...

We just finished a short 5 day Western Caribbean on the Crown in Club Class. I did not think I would like it all that much but I was really impressed. The staff was above even Princess' normal high standards and I would recommend it to anyone in the mini-suite category. If you are lucky enough to get Derik as your waiter, tell him Hi.

CC on the Crown have a completely separate entrance door which avoids the line up at the normal MDR entrance. You will recall that the Pacific's entrance is the same single entrance for both MDR and CC passengers, who get the evil eye when they try to bypass the line. We had two CC tables with intruders from the MDR passengers deliberately sitting at them one night. We enjoyed being taken up to the speciality restaurant by the maitre d' for a complementary meal, I suppose this was so as to avoid a scene, which could have been the case as the whole of the CC area was full. We often smile and wonder how he dealt with the situation, I guess very diplomatically. Oh well ball caps abound, that's the way cruising is going.