Honduras - checking it out through a tour agency

beshears

We are to be in Roatan through Carnival, and I understand they have their own area at called, Mahogany Bay.

We would like to see some of Roatan, but no zip lining, or snorkeling, etc., but would like to do a beach if possible. I have seen both Victor Bodden and Rony's Tours that people have used. I know this will be YOUR opinion, but if you have used either of these tour guides within the past year, would you give me your pros/cons on them?

If we didn't use one of these tour guides, perhaps a Taxi could take us around as well?

Taxis are unregulated on Roatan so negotiating might be necessary. If you speak the language that might be an option but it never is for us. We have used Victor Bodden at least three times with excellent results. As Gladys says, Tex is a favorite, however we have never gotten him and have always been completely satisfied so I suspect their entire staff, or a large portion of it, are well trained. Have fun!