Please refresh my memory. Price drop early saver and promo obc.

missguy

I have a cruise booked early saver with a 50$ OBC promo, Now I see the price drop of 20$ total. Will they add it to the 50$ that I have or just give me 20$ and forfeit the 50$? It is before final payment. Thank you.

Before final payment, they will reduce what you owe. But, if the new price that is $20 lower does not include OBC, you will forfeit the $50 you already have -- in essence, you'll be $30 poorer. If the new price still includes the OBC, then go for it.

Ok I get it. That is the case with the current Carnival sale, no obc just price drop. But I see on an another website that gives 50$ obc (which I already have) and shows the price drop. Should I submit the form or call my PVP to claim the 20$ difference?

Ok I get it. That is the case with the current Carnival sale, no obc just price drop. But I see on an another website that gives 50$ obc (which I already have) and shows the price drop. Should I submit the form or call my PVP to claim the 20$ difference?

Carnival will not price match to TA promotional OBC (since that comes out of the TA's commission). Also, don't forget that if you booked with a $50 deposit, you will be required to make the full deposit before any price matches.

I tried this with the last $50 deposit promotion CCL had going on. I was told that they won't match the price because its not a carnival advertised price.

I tried this with the last $50 deposit promotion CCL had going on. I was told that they won't match the price because its not a carnival advertised price.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/early-saver-terms-conditions.aspx

"Early Saver fare is backed by a unique price protection policy (only available to bookings made in USD currency) that allows you to adjust your cruise fare to the best available fare for a like category stateroom (no downgrades allowed) advertised by Carnival and available to the general public."

Based on that paragraph' date=' are vifp rates not eligible for price matching as they wouldn't be available to everyone, i.e. the general public?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

In my experience, if you received a promotion in your vifp account, you can switch to that promotion as long as it doesn’t stipulate “new bookings only”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums