Vows renewal

mercedes125

I'm sure your witnesses can film or take pics. Can't see why not. I never understand the concept of Renewal of Vows. Did the promises run out? Only kidding, but would be interested to know what it's for. It just seems a way of P&O making money.

Go for it! We renewed our vows on Arcadia's Maiden Cruise in 2005, it was wonderfully organised, and as we were 'alone' the captain arranged for his wife to be a witness. We had it on a lovely sunny evening with the works, flowers, champagne, cake and lots of photo's taken. Danced in the Globe and another bottle of champagne at our table. As we were one of the first on Arcadia we were given a big album with all the photos in it, for a very reasonable price. A very memorable evening!

Why renew? I'm a romantic! We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, I had been through a lot of business problems, but things were settling down. When we returned my wife was diagnosed with cancer, it was something to remember in those dark days. We celebrate our 53rd anniversary on Sunday!

me and my husband are renewing our Vows on Britania later on this year . Can anyone give advice tips etc also can one of your witnesses take photos of you are film the ceremony .

Thankyou

I’ve never renewed my vows on a ship..You would want to make sure you have the vows printed for whomever is reading them to you or if your reading them to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure what you mean by having the vows printed? They all speak English? But the very phrase is ridiculous. A vow is something that you make which never ends surely?[/

The vow statements if printed can be shared with others who are attending or helpful to those who struggle with remembering what the want to say.

Just a suggestion from someone who works with people who struggle hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes a very good suggestion. Virtually every wedding we attend the couple have a written copy of their vows with them as a comfort blanket in case they forget exactly what they wanted to say. Some people are not comfortable speaking in public.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Wrong post quote removed

me and my husband are renewing our Vows on Britania later on this year . Can anyone give advice tips etc also can one of your witnesses take photos of you are film the ceremony .

Thankyou

Yes they can but P&O will also provide a photograph and there was no pressure to buy but we did as they took some lovely pictures.

See a post from couple of weeks ago which details lots about wedding / renewals which you may find helpful.

You will have a wonderful day, it is all beautifully arranged by P&O, very romantic and just a lovely way to celebrate the coninuation of a happy marriage.