Review of January 18-22 Independence of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise

dave.s

just to point out a common misconception. Noro lasts longer than 3 days so more than likely you and your wife got hit with GI (gastroenteritis) which you could have picked up anywhere (gas station, airport, etc) and not necessarily Indy.

How was Nachi Cocum? I've been there before and we'll be there again in 2 weeks. I was impressed the first time I was there but I wasn't so impressed the second time I was there.

Wow! just read your review and guess what? We were also on this cruise and also went to Nachi.......my husband and I were both sick starting Sunday night with the violent vomiting, diarrhea and fever as well as our friends that also went to Nachi with us!!

There were two other couples in our group that didn't go to Nachi and they never got sick.

It was a tough 2 1/2 hour ride home for all four of us.

DH ended up in medical sunday night because he thought he was going to pass out. They gave him a shot for the nausea, pills for nausea and liquid meds for stomach cramps. When I got sick later in the night, I took one of the Zofran pills they had given him and I was o.k. for the ride home.

None of us really felt back to normal for a week.

I missed most of the replies here because I didn't get e-mail notifications, though I did get one for @Buccaneergirl's reply today.

@Buccaneergirl: Sorry you and your husband got sick too, and interesting that you also visited Nachi Cocom. Do you recall what you had to eat and drink? My wife had the guacamole to start and fish for lunch, and I had tortilla soup, nachos, and enchiladas; we both had margaritas (with some extra shots of tequila :-). My wife was really sick on Sunday night, with vomiting and diarrhea; I felt crappy on Monday, but no stomach issues. We were more or less back to normal after a couple of days. Of course, this could just be a coincidence, since we might have all picked up a stomach bug or had something bad to eat/drink on the ship, so I wouldn't assume that it was definitely caused by Nachi Cocom.

@wolfcathorse: We actually enjoyed Nachi Cocom, but after reading the above, you might not want to go there. :-)

This was the fourth time we had been to Nachi and never had any issues. We love it there.

We all had the guacamole, fresh fruit, enchiladas and quesadillas. Everyone was drinking beer and then I had a few rum and diet cokes.

Dh and my neighbor had it the worst, her husband a little less and I was lucky enough to have the meds to take, so I had it the least.(Although, it still wasn’t pretty)

After over 40 cruises, we got to do a first by visiting the medical facility!

Maybe our server at Nachi or bartender had Nora virus?