Taking Advantage of Price Drop With Spent OBC

dioxide45

Checking our cruise price today, we noticed a price drop of net $25. Not really a lot to fuss over. It is net $25 because the price came down a fair bit, but we lose some of the OBC. $175 drops to $100. We have however used our OBC to purchase two of the four night dining packages on the Allure. What happens if we try to take advantage of such a situation. We charged our credit card for $25 for the two dining packages. However, if we were to take advantage of the drop, we would no longer have a $175 OBC and it would only be $100. So that would means our OBC would now be short $75 to cover the two dining packages. What happens? Can you even take the price drop where you lose OBC if you have already spent the OBC for pre-purchased items?

When we were in the same position in October, our purchases that we made with OBC in the Cruise Planner remained (they were not cancelled). However, the next time we logged into the planner, we immediately received a prompt to pay for the outstanding balance with a credit card or to cancel the reservations. It worked out well because we didn't have to rebook anything.

• 4 months later...

I am a ROOKIE. Booked with RC directly. My price dropped by $200.00 for interior cabin. They told me there is nothing I can get becuase final payment was made and the final payment date has passed. IS THIS CORRECT?:loudcry:

I am a ROOKIE. Booked with RC directly. My price dropped by $200.00 for interior cabin. They told me there is nothing I can get becuase final payment was made and the final payment date has passed. IS THIS CORRECT?:loudcry:

Correct. However, check if better staterooms have also come down in price. You might be able to get a free or lower cost upgrade.

A couple of weeks ago, we noticed a price drop of $500, so I called RCI to re-price. She said that I would lose the $75 OBC (which I already used towards the Deluxe drinks package) and I would either need to cancel and re-purchase the drinks package (which was no longer on sale) or pay a $75 invoice to give back the OBC. It was still worth the savings to re-price the cruise, so I did, and was hoping they would forget about that $75 OBC.:rolleyes: Needless to say, RCI invoiced me the $75, so I paid up!:loudcry:

If you’re only saving $25, I would keep your current deal. You have $175 OBC as opposed to just $100. Your current deal is better.

First of all, the poster said that it was a $25 net gain because he has already taken into account the OBC amounts.

Second of all, he asked back in February, so the point is doubtlessly moot in June.