Children under 2 at Camp Carnival

jimc_usa

All the posts I have read do not seem to mention chilren under two. I visited the Carnival website but still no luck.

We have a grandson who will be 17 months old by the time we cruise, we we be able to leave him at Camp Carnival? Or are there special regulations for under two's?

All the posts I have read do not seem to mention chilren under two. I visited the Carnival website but still no luck.

We have a grandson who will be 17 months old by the time we cruise, we we be able to leave him at Camp Carnival? Or are there special regulations for under two's?

They are strict about the child being 24 mos.

Wife & I were recently on the Inspiration, along with our 2 sons. Our older boy is 2.5, the younger was a little over 4 months.

During times when they have organized "Camp Carnival" functions, they do not allow children under the age of 2.

During the times when they are open for babysitting services, they do allow children under 2, including infants. The price is $6 per hour for one child, additional children are $4/hour. On the Inspiration, the times were (approximately):

Camp Carnival open all day while at sea, other than closing for awhile (2 hours or so) around lunchtime. Close for a short time before dinner (I think from 5 to 6 pm), then reopen from 6 until 10. During these times, under 2 were not permitted.

After 10 pm, babysitting fees apply & the under 2's are welcome. Sitting service available until 3 am.

Tehy were very good with both our 2 year old and with the baby. Had plenty of staff & held the baby/fed him/changed him. The 2 yo had a blast & woke up most mornings saying "wanna go playroom."

yup, they are very strict about the "no under 2yrs" rule. And no sense trying to lie because they have a list of every childs' exact birthdate :). The only time under 2's are allowed in are during babysitting hours (10pm-3am), for which there is a charge, and for about 1-2 hours on certain port days (again, for which there is a charge)

yup, they are very strict about the "no under 2yrs" rule. And no sense trying to lie because they have a list of every childs' exact birthdate :). The only time under 2's are allowed in are during babysitting hours (10pm-3am), for which there is a charge, and for about 1-2 hours on certain port days (again, for which there is a charge)

So how do you find out the rules? Are they published somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived