Maya Chan: How long does it stay open?

MisterOJ2

Going to Costa Maya for the first time later this year and from what I've seen on here so far, it seems like Maya Chan is the place to go.

My only hesitation is that our cruise is in port from noon to 8 pm. I'm wondering how long the resort stays open, and if we will get to spend enough time there to make it worth it. Thanks in advance!

Going to Costa Maya for the first time later this year and from what I've seen on here so far, it seems like Maya Chan is the place to go.

My only hesitation is that our cruise is in port from noon to 8 pm. I'm wondering how long the resort stays open, and if we will get to spend enough time there to make it worth it. Thanks in advance!

I think it would be best to email resort directly to ask. It probably depends on time of year and ship time vs local time, and sunset.

However, they are well aware of port times and let you know when it would be the latest time to leave to get you back and will advise you when they come round to ask what time you want a taxi ordering for.

I did an 8am to 1pm port visit last fall, essentially we were at Maya Chan from about 8:45am until 11:45am. I could have stayed all day!

They will be open while your ship is in port, they will even adjust their hours if your ship is delayed or has to port earlier than scheduled. Well worth it!

I did an 8am to 1pm port visit last fall, essentially we were at Maya Chan from about 8:45am until 11:45am. I could have stayed all day!

They will be open while your ship is in port, they will even adjust their hours if your ship is delayed or has to port earlier than scheduled. Well worth it!

Did you feel this short amount of time is worth it? I have a reservation on July 26, 2018. Our ship, Magic, is only in port from 7:00 - 2:00.

I made my reservation August 29, 2017 for my July 26, 2018 trip.

They recently told me that the last transport leaves Maya Chan at 6:30 PM.

We loved Maya Chan!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2474234

My review has pictures and such from Maya Chan.

I just looked at your review (again). We sail the same itinerary on the Dawn in two weeks.Thanks for the great pier info. Some in our group aren't quite as mobile as others so I made sure to tell them to bring good walking shoes, especially for the walk to the Maya Chan cab.