Dawn BE Balcony

nitnyleo

Just booked a BE balcony on Dawn for 2Feb sailing. Can anyone share their impressions of a BE and perhaps offer an explanation of why they are $400 cheaper than the next class of balcony (which are right next door).

I know they are forward and may have tendency to rock 'n roll....but, anything else?

Thanks.....Thom

Nothing else. These cabins are identical with 166 sq. ft. and a balcony of 37 sq. ft. You can view a diagram of these staterooms at HERE.

A great suggestion, book the BE class balcony stateroom as a "guarantee", you'll probably will end up with a higher class balcony stateroom at no extra charge. That's what we call an "upgrade". There are only 4 BE cabins on board, and more will book a BE class cabin than there are this class cabin onboard, just to save $$$$$$$$$$.

Only book a cabin by cabin number when you wish a specific cabin.

As a matter of fact, my TA did offer this as a guarantee...

But, I've never had luck with guarantees before.....maybe, this time.

PS: I'm also suffering from post-cruise depression...but, I promise that this last little quick fix will get me thru.

While all balcony cabins are the same size, some of the forward balconies have steel from the floor to the rail and on the sides. This significantly restricts the view.The mid ship balconies have plexiglass from floor to rail. Hence, they have good views, even when inside the cabin with the drapes open.

If you look at some pictures of the ship, you will see what I am referring. That will explain it better. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words :)

Merry Christmas to all.

The 4 BE class balcony cabins are located on deck 8 on the Jewel. What you report is true for the higher decks, but almost all the deck 8 balcony cabins have "framed" balconies with steel framing. The exceptions on deck 8 are the 2 BA class balcony cabins facing aft in the midst of AE class suites on the stern. The 4 BE class balcony cabins in question are hundreds of feet away from the BA class balcony cabins, not next door. The next door BD class balcony cabins certainly are not worth $400 more.

Well, I'd really prefer to have plexiglass rather than a steel curtain.

For $400 more I can get, the next class up; for $500 more I can get the BA; for $900 I can get a mini-suite. (All of my pricing is based on being a single traveler).

Since I'm trying to keep my costs down...and since I usually sail on the inside....I suppose I'll just wait and see what they give me.

Thanks for your help!

There are also "framed" balcony cabins on decks 8, 9, and 10.

Deck 8 - All BD cabins and 4 BE cabins.

Deck 9 - 12 BC cabins.

Deck 10 - 8 BB cabins.

Here's a closeup photo of the Jewel with a similiar arrangement of "framed" balcony cabins, if not exactly the same, as the Dawn and Star.

Jewel_closeup.jpg

Where NCL has drawn the line between cabin classes on each deck is not reflected by the "framed" balconies. To guarantee you will not get a "framed" balcony cabin, book only BA cabins, or BB cabins on deck 9.

There will still be some BB cabins on deck 10 and some BC cabins on deck 9 that are non "framed" balcony cabins. The only way to guarnatee that they will be yours is to book them by cabin number.

We had the first cabin on deck nine on a previous cruise. The steel was not a problem. You can sit in the deck chairs and see the view just fine. One advantage to being that far forward is that the risk of smoke coming from the balconies ahead of yours in mimimal.

Carole

I just completed my registration, and saw that I am already assigned to a BA on Deck 10, midship (toward the aft).

I'm finally a winner as a "guaranteed" booking....COOL!!!

PS: OOPS! Forgot to check what is over me, or under me....

Archived