Helsinki walking tour or drive to Porvoo

Travelin cat

We will be in Helsinki, Finland this summer on Oceania cruise and are trying to decide between two excursions -

1. WALKING TOUR OF HELSKINI or

2. PICTURESQUE PORVOO.

I haven't been to this area so not sure which one is better. Please let me know if you have done either or both and your thoughts

We were in Helsinki last September. I found a private guide to take a group of 12 formed through our roll call on a walking tour of the Soumelinna Fortress & the city, including the Rock Church which was something incredible to behold. It was a great day, despite the less than perfect weather. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did Porvoo on our own when we visited Helsinki for a week. Maybe seeing some photos will help ... so I am posting a link to my blog post about our day there: http://2totravel.blogspot.com/2014/06/teaser-porvoo.html

Helsinki itself is easily DIY’able ... the tram system works well to get around in conjunction with walking. The posts before and after the one I pasted in above has a great deal of information. If nothing else, the photos might help you decide which tour would be of more interest to you.

We were in Helsinki last September. I found a private guide to take a group of 12 formed through our roll call on a walking tour of the Soumelinna Fortress & the city, including the Rock Church which was something incredible to behold. It was a great day, despite the less than perfect weather. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

+1 for Suomenlinna. Amazing place, no matter how you get there.

If you can do that, and a walk around the central part (think: Kaisaniemi, and especially Kaisaniemi park) you'll have an amazing day.

Helsinki is one of my very favourite cities. The Finns, despite having a reputation as introverts, are among the most gracious, welcoming people in Europe.