West Bay vs Little French Key

Pugster4

I’m just wondering which beach area everyone prefers to go to and which beach seems nicer. I know west bay is considered one of the best beaches in the Caribbean but I hear awesome things about little French key. Also want to know because this we decide whether we go to Daniel Johnson’s or Victor Bodden for monkeys and sloths. Thank you so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been to both multiple times. I would check and see how many ships are scheduled to be in port when you are there and it also depends on what you are looking to do. We have been to West Bay and both times it has been wall to wall people, loungers, and vendors. Depending on where you settle on West Bay can make a difference in what the beach area is like, there may be boats, jet skis etc. anchored in the small area you have chosen along with a ton of people (Bananarama area) but could be nicer and less crowded further down the beach. We’ve done Bananarama and Las Sarinas Day passes in the past and prefer LFK over our experiences on West Bay mainly due to the crowds.

We have always been able to find a lounger by the water in one of the areas at LFK but the beach areas are not your standard sandy beaches either, they are shallow with a bed of what feels like crushed shells, rocks and not sand. There are some deeper areas with rope swings etc. as well. There can be a lot of people on LFK also but there are many different areas where you can go and has never seemed as crowded as WB. The price for LFK seems a little pricey but if you factor in that they provide transportation to and from the port it’s not bad.

Again, it just depends on what you are looking for and what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

At West Bay you have so many choices of which beach club to visit and the sand is perfect. In some areas the reef is just yards off the beach for great snorkeling. We have liked Argentine Grill and Beachers. Little natural shade but plenty of umbrellas at Beachers. and two for one drinks. Never been to LFK as we are not interested in eating and drinking all day. Too bad Maya Key is only a ship excursion now. We went when it was $15 per person for transportation and beach and snorkel. The snorkeling there was fantastic a few years ago.