Crown Princess?

bzv143

Haven’t been on a Princess ship for 8 years, nor on a cruise shorter than 7 days. Gong on a 5 night cruise in 2 weeks on Crown Princess. Any advice, info on the ship, activities, food, etc? We are booked into a suite. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and I spent two weeks in a suite on the Crown in August of last year and I left the ship wishing it had been a longer cruise. We loved starting each day with breakfast at Sabatini's while watching the wake. It was tricky finding the restaurant the first time, so you might want to make a trial run on the first day! I was not crazy about the food in the Horizon Court, so we usually had a good breakfast and then a lighter lunch at International Cafe, which had very good salads and paninis. The Club Class dining worked like a charm. After the first day, all of the people in Club Class greeted us by name. I felt like the waitress that we had there was better than any we have ever had on any cruise on any line ... and we've had a lot of great waiters and waitresses over the years. I found that if I followed her menu recommendations, I was very happy with the meal. She did a great job of describing the menu item, the preparation and what she liked about the dish. In the past I've sometimes thought that when the waiter or waitress recommended an item, there must have been a chef somewhere in the kitchen saying, "We have lots of chicken. Push the chicken tonight." I did not feel like that at all on the Crown.

The activities probably haven't changed much since you last cruised -- lots of trivia games and jewelry parties and other activities designed to separate you from your money -- learn how you can get rid of (fill in the blank) wrinkles, fat, stress, flat feet, yellow teeth or any other problem that you didn't know was a problem until you got on the ship! The evening shows were good, but you do need to get to the theater early to get a good seat, and in some cases just to get a seat at all. Like anything in life, there were some shows that we liked more than others, but all in all we enjoyed the entertainment in the theater and around the ship.

I know you will have a good time on the Crown. I wish it was me!

Kim

Just got off the Crown Yesterday. The bands/music were the greatest. They do have the Happy Hour 3-4 when drinks buy one then $1 for the second of the same. We like the crown and I will answer more later - need to see what ports you are visiting.

Check out Adagio. It's a nice quiet venue up on deck 16 across from Sabatini's. Not only is it a peaceful place but there is also a great outer deck area that goes behind Adagio and Sabatini's. Very nice place to relax outside and Adagio itself is a very nice place to relax inside. It often seems that most people don't even know it's there.

We were on the Crown Princess in August last year - thoroughly enjoyed it. We were in a balcony cabin and the steward was great. Food in the dining room was always tasty but the food in the Horizon was sometimes quite boring. Just be careful on the marble stairs in the plaza as I fell down them on our last night. Medical team looked after me though.