Tips/tricks and secrets aboard the Splendor please

puggleperson

I have been keeping track of some of the tips people have posted about Splendor or other ships on other threads. Those tips have included:

• ask for robes if they are not in the stateroom.
  • keep cabinet door open if using the fridge as otherwise the fridge doesn't get to optimum temp
  • downloading the Hub App and adding the chat feature for $5 in order to communicate with the others in your party on the ship
  • If you drink soda, take a 12 pack on for each passenger or order 6 pack canned soda for your stateroom online from the Funshops ahead of time or from the onboard computer.
  • get tickets early for Green Eggs and Ham breakfast if you plan to go.
  • if you are traveling with children, for dinner you can take them to main dining room and get their meal at same time as your appetizer then run them to Camp Ocean so you can enjoy the rest of your meal at leisure or take them to the Lido buffet at 6pm to join the Camp Ocean Group for dinner.

Get you some BBQ. It's aft-upper level. Most people won't find it until the end of the cruise, it's kinda hidden.

When you are in the Lido buffet area look for a staircase up to the next level. You'll find the BBQ spot up there (lunch only). There is an eleveator near the stairs as well. Since this area is not noticed by the masses there is nearly always a place to sit.

Empress and upper deck forward: There are doors port and starboard where you can go out to a deck which extends just along the front of the ship. These decks are usually empty. Great spot to watch from as the ship goes into a port. There are a few cabins along the front as well and these cruisers seem to be the only ones who realize the deck is there. As far as these cabins go they are considered interior cabins but do cost more because they actually do have quite large windows. My husband and I had one on Glory and they are really worth looking for when booking. Probably shouldn't be advertising them!

The only specialty restaurant on Splendor is the steakhouse. You can look at their menu on your booking. We go on the first night when they offer a free bottle of wine per table. They usually offer free wine the 2nd night as well but that is usually Elegant Night in the main dining room with lobster and prime rib.

Can't remember if you said this was your first Carnival cruise or just first Splendor cruise. Great comedy shows in the evening. Brunch on sea days. Serenity deck near the spa for adults only. Aft pool supposed to be adults only but not always enforced. Tandoori station aft on lido deck.

Have not been on a Princess cruise so I don't know how dressy their formal nights are but on Carnival I do not find them very dressy. Some men do wear a suit and others do dress up a bit. Women wear a dress or other nice outfit but very few wear really dressy clothing. The rest of my family likes Royal Caribbean best because more people do really dress up and my granddaughters just love putting on their best dresses. Sometimes even long gowns. But Carnival is far more casual.

These are all awesome and exactly what i was looking for, thank you! I cruised once before on carnival in 2008 and it was my first cruise ever...I didnt know then that id need to know about tips and tricks until i started cruising more.

I remember their chocolate molten cake being delicious. We enjoy princess but im not a fan of their desserts. Im really looking forward to dessert onboard hahahah

Thanks again and keep them coming! :)

Empress and upper deck forward: There are doors port and starboard where you can go out to a deck which extends just along the front of the ship. These decks are usually empty. Great spot to watch from as the ship goes into a port. There are a few cabins along the front as well and these cruisers seem to be the only ones who realize the deck is there. As far as these cabins go they are considered interior cabins but do cost more because they actually do have quite large windows. My husband and I had one on Glory and they are really worth looking for when booking. Probably shouldn't be advertising them!

They're considered cat 4's (interior) instead of 6's because your window faces the forward deck, and not directly outside. This means people can (and do) walk right past your window. You can have your ocean view or your privacy but not both simultaneously.

They're considered cat 4's (interior) instead of 6's because your window faces the forward deck, and not directly outside. This means people can (and do) walk right past your window. You can have your ocean view or your privacy but not both simultaneously.

You are right to a point about the privacy or view but keep in mind that nobody seems to know that the decks outside of these rooms even exist so no one is every on them. In our week in one of these rooms we actually never saw another sole. There actually is no view from these rooms because there is quite a high railing on the deck so you can't see anything but sky from your cabin. I remember that the railing (solid one) was so high that I had to stand on tip toe to even see over it when I was on the deck. I still liked the rooms because they are a good price and have light which makes me feel better than a dark interior room.

• 2 weeks later...
I feel like I know most of these things for Princess but now I'm going on the Carnival Splendor so I don't want to miss anything! Please share with me all your tips, tricks and you guessed it, SECRETS :D Thank you!

Don’t plan on burgers after buffet opens for supper. Burger Closes promptly at 6 for the night. Later only pizza and deli available. No place for late night munchies

Stick to Princess. I wish I had

:(