So excited - Incredible deal on 12 night Athens to Rome cruise

SeeJennyCruise

That’s what we were thinking before our 16 night TA (no perks) last year. We’d planned to decide once we were aboard because we only drink enough (including specialty coffee and bottled water) to roughly break even on a premium beverage package. We ended up taking advantage of a 25% sale, combined with our 5% captains club discount. When I texted my DH about the sale, I immediately received a bunch of grinning emojis:D BTW I don’t know if you realize you can now buy the Classic package and simply pay the difference for any drink above the limits. Until last year, this wasn’t possible. Have fun;)

I will keep my eyes open for a sale on the beverage package. It would be a good deal for us with the option to pay the difference for drinks above the limits.

Congratulations Jenny! That’s a fabulous itinerary on which to celebrate your anniversary and your husband’s birthday. And you hunted down a great deal:D

Unless you’re uncomfortable with the idea of private tours, you can have a much better experience in a small group of eight or ten (and usually pay less than a similar Celebrity shore excursion) than you would on a bus loaded with 40 people. You can also more easily personalize your tour with a small group of like minded people.

If you’re interested in a beverage package, keep an eye on your roll call and the Celebrity site because they often have sales of up to 30% (more if you’re entitled to a Captains Club discount) during the months leading to the cruise.

Have a great time!! I’m excited for you:) Cheers,

Michelle

Great advice. Thank you.

We were on the Celebrity Eclipse for a transatlantic. We did not get a free perk. The TA gave us a $75 dining credit and we will receive a $475 cash card after the cruise. Do I ask the TA to call Celebrity and request the upgrade to A1?

Yes, you should call the TA and they can call Celebrity. You should be able to get the upgrade to A1 and also 1 free perk. I booked this reservation and I was able to get the beverage package as a perk and still got the 75 dining credit and 475 cash card from the big box TA. I ended up cancelling it few hours later and moving it to the 12 Night on the Reflection Sept 30. The Reflection was about 400 dollars more. I hope you get the upgrade and free perk. Thanks

Yes, you should call the TA and they can call Celebrity. You should be able to get the upgrade to A1 and also 1 free perk. I booked this reservation and I was able to get the beverage package as a perk and still got the 75 dining credit and 475 cash card from the big box TA. I ended up cancelling it few hours later and moving it to the 12 Night on the Reflection Sept 30. The Reflection was about 400 dollars more. I hope you get the upgrade and free perk. Thanks

I would definitely ask TA to get the perk, but suggest checking location of available A1 cabins (and check cabin sticky) before asking for upgrade. Many people think the A2 cabins are better located.

The per diem is $250.00 including taxes and port fees. I usually look at per diem ( per person per day) before taxes and port fees when comparing prices, especially since cruises vary in length. Of course you have to add in the value of OBC or any perks such as the drinks package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! I will try that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D I just got off the phone big box TA and we know have the drink package. This makes this a really incredible deal for us. I'm so glad I posted here on CC and received all of the valuable advice. We also asked for the upgrade from A2 to A1 based on your advice, and we have the cabin I wanted based on the sticky and spreadsheet on this board.

Thanks to everyone who offered their advice. I realize now that while it still is an incredible deal for us, even more so having followed your advice and now having the drink package and cabin upgrade, it isn't as rare a deal as I may have thought. I have been sailing for 10 years, but I sure do learn so much from all of you. Thank you! :champagne-toast: