Brillance D1-8672 Aft Cabin Info.

glassmazza

You will have an extra large balcony and a great view of the wake. It is quite a hike from the elevators, but we view that as a way to burn some calories! You will also have a great view of the locks as they close behind the ship. We stayed on the balcony going into Gatun Lake, then went out front to get the view going back into the locks. We also went to deck 5 for a "close encounter" with the sides of the canal. BOS only clears about 18 inches on each side! We LOVE aft cabins and always get one if possible. There is less wind than on side balconies, they are more private and quieter as there are fewer pax back there, and we just love the view both day and night.

Have stayed in 8672 before on Brilliance and will be in that cabin on Feb 13. Great cabin, partially covered. Will hold two loungers as well as chairs. Could sit out there all cruise -- great for anything. Fine location to watch the Canal Transit on way back, but nothing beats being on the helicopter pad going in.

Jerry

LOL,

I am in that cabin right after you 3/17. If you want you can leave any extra money in the safe, lol. I will be in florida when you get off, so I won't be able to ask you any questions. Just don't break anything.

Have a great time, can't wait.

I was sure I replied to this one a few days ago, but my post is not here!!!!

I am in 8172, with friends in 8672. We had these cabins last Jan..... Great balcony, extra long, 75% covered, 25% open, but can still get the sun. Room a bit bigger than normal. Great views of the wake, less wind, great sounds of the water, and I have been told, get room service for the Panama canal, and eat while going through, then tour the rest of the ship.

We are there in 31 days on Jan 23....... so NO we will not be leaving extra cash or breaking anything, so enjoy your cruise.

Last year the balcony door was a bit loose, and Colleen trapped her finger in it when it slammed....... don't damage yourselves trying to save the door, it is really strong, and can withstand the slamming.

Have a great cruise and holiday season.

Archived