Allure vs Harmony

mcchane1

In 4 weeks we will be on the Indy and will book our 2020 cruise while onboard. We have only done freedom class and smaller ships in the past but hubby wants to try a 7 day on a bigger ship. The Allure and the Harmony both have dates/itineraries that work within our budget. I know nothing about these bigger ships and will do some research but would love to hear some experiences and opinions of the experts here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These ships are very similar. There are many threads comparing these two ships - try the search function.

I recently found very low pricing on Allure so we will be back this fall.

The biggest differences for us are the Shows - Harmony has Grease, Columbus and 2 great water shows , Allure has Mama Mia, blue planet, a main water show, and a second "DreamWorks show".

Harmony has new quantum style room décor/layout, Wonderland restaurant, Jamies, robot bar....... more of the latest Royal technology.

Otherwise they are more the same than different

We just got off Harmony yesterday and have also sailed on Allure. As of others have said, they are very similar ships. If you have children or young adults, Harmony is probably the better choice because of the dry slide and the water slides. Don't get me wrong.....Allure still has PLENTY to do! I have to say that overall, I did like the shows on Harmony better. With exception to the water show. The one during the day that needed no reservations was great but the other one I found a bit boring. But the other shows were fabulous! We visited 4 specialty restaurants. I was not fond of Jamie's Italian at all. My food was tasteless. I heard others had a great experience so it could have been what I ordered. 150 Central Park, Chops and Wonderland were all outstanding. Wonderland is a fun and different experience that you cannot get on Allure.

The cabins on Harmony seemed a bit larger to us. They are sleek and modern. Not sure if they are actually any bigger, but they felt it.

We loved both ships. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

From my research.

The Oasis class ships have neighborhoods which spread out the passengers.

Allure has a solarium pool.

Harmony has water slides and a dry slide.

I always argue that Allure doesn't have a pool in the solarium, You can swim in a pool. Allure has a birdbath.