Westerdam Review - December 11th through the 18th - Western Caribbean

TidePrideGA

For TidePrideGA...

Loved your review Donna...nice to hear the opinions of someone who's also a first timer to HAL like I will be in Oct '06. Thanks for your many tips...and welcome to the world of cruise addiction!

Debjo

sailed with Capt Peter Harris three times back when we first started cruising with HAL on the Veendam..'97-'99.. he was Chief Officer back then.. he hosted the Chief Officer's table that we sat at two times.. a truly nice man and a gentleman par excellance..

he was promoted to Captain on one of those Veendam cruises..was on 'holiday'.. his vacation ..when he was notified of his promotion.. we picked him up on Grand Cayman cutting the vacation short for the promotion....which he said was definitely the right thing to do.. cut it short...

we haven't crossed paths in a few years on all our HAL cruising but I am sure he is in every way the same ..'a very classy man'..

Loved reading everyones view of this cruise. We can't stop talking about it! This was really the best. As far as we are concerned, everything was perfect. Sorry we did not make it to the get together on Tues. at the Crows Nest. I was down playing Bingo and got back late, then had to get ready for Formal night. Did get to meet Roberta one morn. at the spa and at different times in the hall way. (Cabin was right next to ours). Making plans for next Dec. on the Westerdam for the Eastern Carribean. Can't get here soon enough!

I missed that! Was I just not paying attention, or had we left?

That happened to us on our Zuiderdam cruise from our room steward and waiter. I was very surprised. Our room steward even told our traveling companions that he already had 2 previous strikes against him, and if he got another, he would be fired!

Marie

Loved reading everyones view of this cruise. We can't stop talking about it! This was really the best. As far as we are concerned, everything was perfect. Sorry we did not make it to the get together on Tues. at the Crows Nest. I was down playing Bingo and got back late, then had to get ready for Formal night. Did get to meet Roberta one morn. at the spa and at different times in the hall way. (Cabin was right next to ours). Making plans for next Dec. on the Westerdam for the Eastern Carribean. Can't get here soon enough!

Sorry we missed you, but it sounds like we might get a second chance - we're also looking strongly at the December (same week) Westerdam Eastern Caribbean. We're also looking at the Explorer of the Seas for the same week, but the more we look the more we want back on HAL and back in SS8090 - so keep your hands off my cabin :D

Yes, Marie, I know, and obviously that's why we're considering it, and I think we could live with RCCL as well - but I want back on the Westerdam, "dam" it!!!

I hear ya, sister :). We cruised on the Zuiderdam the week of Dec 3, and we loved it so much, I came home and booked the Oosterdam for March. I just love the Vista Class. Is there any way you can sneak in a Spring cruise, just you and dh, and then take ds on RCI in December??? Just a thought :).

Marie

Thank you for the great well written review!

Question:

How often does the shuttle from Park 'n Fly run to the port, and do you have to call for it to pick you up when you return? We are driving down for our cruise in February and are trying to decide if it is better to park there, or at the parking garage at the port.

How often does the shuttle from Park 'n Fly run to the port, and do you have to call for it to pick you up when you return? We are driving down for our cruise in February and are trying to decide if it is better to park there, or at the parking garage at the port.

When you arrive, the shuttle is usually at your car by the time you get out and get your luggage unloaded. When you return, you *may* have to call them, but there were two already waiting when we got off, so we didn't even have to call them. It's considerably cheaper than the port, and IMO just as, if not more, convenient. The whole 7 days was $52.50 reserved and paid for in advance on the internet at http://www.pnf.com/

Sorry we missed you, but it sounds like we might get a second chance - we're also looking strongly at the December (same week) Westerdam Eastern Caribbean. We're also looking at the Explorer of the Seas for the same week, but the more we look the more we want back on HAL and back in SS8090 - so keep your hands off my cabin :D

We love the aft cabins, will probably try to book one on the 12/10 Westerdam cruise. This past cruise I did not book until July. Not sure if I should wait or book now. Got a great deal when I booked then. We have never been to Grand Turk or St. Maarten. We have been to Tortola and really loved it. Hope we get to meet on the next HAL cruise.

We love the aft cabins, will probably try to book one on the 12/10 Westerdam cruise. This past cruise I did not book until July. Not sure if I should wait or book now. Got a great deal when I booked then. We have never been to Grand Turk or St. Maarten. We have been to Tortola and really loved it. Hope we get to meet on the next HAL cruise.

Hi Boxer! Sorry we also missed the CC get together. We really wanted to be there to meet everyone, but I was just too exhausted (have a health issue) and couldn't make it.

Ironically, both Donna and I originally had aft cabins, and both of us ended up upgrading to SS cabins. Next door to each other!

Hmmmm... next Dec on the eastern route? Definitely a possibility for us too!

When you arrive, the shuttle is usually at your car by the time you get out and get your luggage unloaded. When you return, you *may* have to call them, but there were two already waiting when we got off, so we didn't even have to call them. It's considerably cheaper than the port, and IMO just as, if not more, convenient. The whole 7 days was $52.50 reserved and paid for in advance on the internet at http://www.pnf.com/

Sounds good to me! Thanks for your help, Tidepride.

Happy Cruzin'

suncruzr

Archived