Howl at the Moon

tef43

• 9 months later...

I have booked a sailong in March and find as i explore the Entwrtainment options the have decreased from 8 to 6 options.  First to go was For the Record and now i dont see Howl At The Moon. Two things i was looking forward to.  Has anyone else experiensed this?  I saw HATM last yr on tge Epic and went back every nite i enjoyed it so much. Disappointed right now.

Saw Howl at the Moon on the Escape this past July and it was great fun!

As others have said, it's nice to have something that you can come and go as you please.

We had a jam packed ship but were always able to get seats within a few minutes of walking in and it was always pretty lively.

Also, would get guest appearances from other entertainers on board. We had a couple of guys from the Choir of Man stop by one night and that was great.

I'm kind of disappointed to hear that they've excluded it from the Encore. I'm booked for next January and we will survive (LoL) but it would have been nice to have it again on board.

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Saw Howl at the Moon on the Escape this past July and it was great fun!

As others have said, it's nice to have something that you can come and go as you please.

We had a jam packed ship but were always able to get seats within a few minutes of walking in and it was always pretty lively.

Also, would get guest appearances from other entertainers on board. We had a couple of guys from the Choir of Man stop by one night and that was great.

I'm kind of disappointed to hear that they've excluded it from the Encore. I'm booked for next January and we will survive (LoL) but it would have been nice to have it again on board.

This will be the 3rd ship in a row that doesn't have it.

One of my favorite things to do on the ships that offer it.  First did it on the Epic four years ago and then last April on the Escape.  Looking forward to it again on my Epic TA in April.  So glad that I have the drink package as I drank many a drinks every time I was in there.

Done Howl at the Moon twice on the Epic and was amazed at the quality and energy of the performers.  Just got off the Jan 13-20 sailing of the Getaway and HATM was terrible!  The performers were just not good quality and were very lackluster in the delivery.  The blond female was terrible in my opinion...my wife felt the same way.

the howl at the moon players have some of the shortest entertainment contracts but better perks than many other of ships entertainers

they tend to rotate around contracts

we made friends with female pianist on HOTM  on Breakaway last year

she had 2 month contract and was allowed to accept alcoholic drinks during performances by audience which pushed up the raunchy aspect after 11pm

she also had license to eat in guest areas post performance

we joined her and guitarist from rock band from Cavern club one night in O sheehans and it was quite enlightening

she had higher access than guitarist-he would not have been able to access O Sheehans if she had not enabled it

what trying to get to is that entertainers on ship have different hierachies and Howl are at top

However with short contracts and constantly changing people the quality can change drastically from ship to ship

we have experienced some fantastic HOTM  players and on other ships have been bored