10 Panama Cruise and Spring break

FEDJAN

Hi,

I am considering a 10 day partial transit in Feb/Mar of 2007. How much of a factor is spring break on such a cruise. I was hoping that a 10 day cruise would be enough to hold down the number of children, but I've read here that some people consider traveling an education (and it is) and therefore they pull the kids out of school. How many kids should I expect? Should I consider a January cruise instead of Feb/Mar?

Thanks

We're on the Feb 22- March 4, 2006 cruise. I'm assuming spring break won't be much of an issue. Have cruise that time period the last few years and haven't seen an abundance of children on the ships.

I would think the 10day itinerary would even mean fewer children.

You may still end up with bratty kids-------just the 'older' variety. :)

I know how some may feel. I have been on a lot of trans-pacific or atlantic flights and had young children seated very near me and thought, "Oh No!" But when they have engaged and prepared parents, it is amazing how very smoothly the flights went for all! I have met quite a few under 12 year olds who fly over 50,000 miles a year on an airline. It is amazing how mature they were.

I do not mind children at all on crusies. After all, they are being trained for the future. :)

We cruised the Panama Canal last year in March. No problems whatsoever on the cruise. There were definitely kids on our cruise, but not a lot.

The ports are a bigger question when it comes to crowding and young people on this itinerary during Spring break. Expect Cozumel to be vvvverrrry full!

Went in early April last year and only had around 20 kids onboard. In fact at 55 we were in the younger third of the passengers. Great trip and would take it again in a minute. Make sure you go through the crew area in the bow on B or C during the lock passage - great view and not that many people know about these balcony areas. And no blue glass to try to see through.

Archived