Lost drivers license paper replacement

trish4801

What I don't understand....why can't you go to the DMV and get a replacement. I realize each state is different in their rules...but my children misplaced/lost their licenses in Illinois and PA and just went down to local DMV office and got a replacement....Only difference they added a number to the License number showing the number of duplicates. I think my son had 3 duplicates before turning 25!! LOL

Because Kansas is slower than molasses in January. They no longer print them up in the DMV office, it comes from a company in Georgia. DW’s recently took 6 weeks to get hers in the mail (it came while we were cruising.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The reason I asked here is I had figured this could not be the first time this has happened and had hoped someone could, from experience, answer this question. I have since called the DMV in Topeka (state capital) to see if we drove there if they could issue the regular dl. Found out they can't do it either, would also issue the paper temporary, that the hardcopy is made in Georgia and mailed to home in 2 to 4 weeks. Called Carnival to see if I got the same answer, that the temporary one would work, but I didn't. So decided to call Homeland Security since they make the rules, they were closed. Also the DMV in Kansas is closed on Monday, What!:mad:

You are over complicating this. It is a legal ID or they wouldn't issue them.

When we applied for my daughter to get her passport she had just received her temporary paper license. When we went to the passport office they told us that it was just as valid as her hard copy one that she received by mail just a few days later. I also called the cruise lines just in case her passport didn't arrive in time and they said it would be no issue at all. Also called airlines and it was valid there also.